Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (Downtown) Hyatt

taradise
By taradise,
in

Hi y'all. I haven't used PRICELINE before and was wondering if somebody could help me? Would prefer to stay at the 3.5*-4* hotels. First night we'd like to stay downtown as I heard this is closest to the Port? We are taking a cruise so we'd need that hotel only for one night, the 23rd.

Then when we get back we need to book another hotel for the 28th-31st. So that'd be 3 nights. I have never been to Miami before but I'm thinking we would like to stay in South Beach. I guess I might want to bid on the 3 South Beach zones?

If anybody has another zone that they would rec. staying in in Miami, please do let me know. We want to be someplace where we can walk to most places...the beach...the stores, the bars, etc...

We can go up to $150 a night, maybe even more if we had to. Obviously it would be nice to get booked someplace for around $100 but if I can get into a 4* hotel for $150, or even more, I'd take it.

If anybody could be of any help, I would really appreciate it! I tried to give as much info as possible! Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use a separate thread for your post-cruise stay.

For your pre-cruise stay, what is date of your stay... from your post above i'm not sure of the month. Also, it's not clear if your budget/wants mentioned above is for your pre- or post-cruise stay... please reply with the dates of your stay, desired star rating, and budget for the pre-cruise stay and we'll try to advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for responding! I'll make a separate post for my post cruise dates.

The date is Dec. 23rd, sorry I didn't specify the month! The budget would be around $150, would prefer something around $100. The location would be Downtown Miami, I think. I think that is where the port is? We just want to be close to the ship for that one night. 3.5-4*'s. Preferable 4.

My only concern is that there are four of us. It seems that if you call most likely you can request a room with 2 beds. Just wondering what the likeliness is that I won't be able to get two beds...it's not terribly important...we'll just ask for more pillows and throw the boys on the floor!

Thanks for your help and I'll make a diff. post for the post-cruise stay right now!

Yes, the Downtown zone is the closest to the port.

It doesn't appear that you're budget is going to be an issue. We can suggest a PRICELINE strategy for you to follow, but before doing so, if the occupancy is an issue for you, HOTWIRE may be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy.

Checking HOTWIRE for your dates, 2adults/2children, there is a 4* hotel in the Miami Downtown zone for $79 with:

Fitness, Pool, Restauarant, Business, Laundry, Internet

This matches previous reports for the Inter-Continental and the Hyatt so either of these would be my best guess.

Given this ensures quad occupancy and is within your budget, is this an option OR would you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/ how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just went on and there is only a 3* available for that date. Not sure which hotel it is though. I'll have to fish around this site to see. The 4* that you mentioned must be gone?

I personally think that it makes no difference, because you are getting ocuppation for 4 people. Maybe the 4* is not coming up for 4 adults because many hotels have a maximum allowance of 3 adults, but since you can call the hotel and make your own arrangements prior to arrival, you may get the hotel's GO for the occupancy.

If you are just staying for 1 night, Why don't you search Hotwire for 2 rooms in a 3.5* property? You may get a good deal at $59-69 range. Give it a try!

Oops! Nevermind! It didn't bring up that 4 star when I searched 4 adults...but when I searched 2 adults/2 kids it came up. Does it matter if my younger brothers don't match the 17 cut off? They're not much older...

Based on the forum moderator's guess, you can also call the Hyatt or the Intercontinental in Miami and ask for front desk and inquire about the room's maximum occupancy. Based on their answer, you can explain your case to the hotel's clerk and maybe they will allow you to stay all 4 in one room. That could be an option.

Call and let us know and if the answer is positive go to Hotwire (via this page link) and grab that catch immediately! Good luck.

So here's what I did!

Booked the 4* for $79 and it wound up being the Hyatt. I called Hyatt to confirm 2 double beds and they said they had me down for a king size. They were so nice there, he said to call Hotwire as apparently this happens a lot with them...he just said that he knew I had 4 guests staying there, didn't say anything about kids or adults so I just let it go. He said if I called Hotwire they would fix it for me since he couldn't.

I called Hotwire and they did fix it...so now nobody has to sleep on the floor!

Love this website, now I'm going to move forward and try to book the post-cruise part of my trip!

Hey Taradise. Congrats! You got the Hyatt!! It was nice they confirmed your bedding requests.

Go to Tripadvisor.com and read the reviews of the hotel. There is a lot of valuable information and also candid pictures and videos taken by past and recent guests.

Good luck on your post-cruise stay. Try South Beach for good nightlife and fun, beach and activities.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]