Hotwire Hotel: 4* Daytona (Beach South-Beach Shores) The Shores Resort and Spa

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - looking to build our upcoming Florida trip - I am usually a "Priceline" shopper, but there is a 4* hotel in Daytona called The Shores Resort & Spa that intrigues me, so I am not quite sure if I want to "risk" my chances bidding as there are more than one 4* hotels in Daytona thru Priceline....

can u help identify these 3 hotels....

4* - South Daytona Beach - Daytona Beach Shores - 89.00 - amenities are - resort, beachfront, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, spa services - is this The Shores Resort & Spa?

4* - Daytona Beach - Ormond Beach - 69.00 - amenities are - resort, beachfront, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry, high speed internet, spa services - is this The Plaza Resort & Spa?

3.5* - Daytona Beach - Ormond Beach - 66.00 - amenities are - beachfront, fitness center, pool, laundry, high speed internet, golf nearby, tennis nearby - is this the Hilton Oceanwalk?

Has anyone stayed at these particular properties? If so, is The Shores Resort & Spa as nice as it looks, or all three comparable....as in should I just risk it & do the Priceline bidding....Any info these questions would be GREATLY appreciated...thank you :)

Good morning - after more thought & research my hubby & I have really narrowed it down to we would want to go thru Hotwire, because we really want to obtain the Hilton Oceanwalk in Daytona Beach....

I am not sure now if my identifying "guesses" on my first post are correct from your hotwire hotels list, as I am confused about the Hilton now being rated as a 4* "resort" but was previously a 3*.....but under the amenities, it is the only one that has the golf & tennis on the list, but it also does not list a restaurant on the Hotwire amenities for booking, but on your hotels list - hotwire it is listed.....

This being said, the reason we want to go thru Hotwire is we DO NOT want to end up with the Plaza Resort & Spa which I am afraid will happen if I go thru Priceline, we only want the Hilton, or will pay the extra $$$ amount & hotwire the 89.00 Shores Resort & Spa..... (if I have identified this one correctly on my previous post????)

Please help with this indentifying issue, I am sure you know much more than I as to which hotel is which based on the amenities...... :)

Good afternoon. :)

The Hilton is listed as "previously 3*" because it was previously rated 3* by the service, but at some point in time was upgraded to a 4*.

The 4* South Daytona listing would match the amenity set previously reported with the Shores Resort, so that would be my guess, as well.

The 4* Daytona/Ormond would likely be the Plaza.

The 3.5* Daytona/Ormond has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Not sure what you mean regarding the restaurant amenity and the 4* listing, as it is showing on this listing on HOTWIRE and on the site's Hotwire Hotel List for the area for both previously reported 4*'s in the Daytona/Ormond zone.

If you would like to ensure the Hilton, coupon code 10NOV gets $10 off per night via Expedia, which would result in the Hilton being $99.25 per night.

Hopefully a user more familiar with the area's hotels can comment on these possibilities.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

OK - I have made my purchase but just have a few quick questions as I have spent a good part of the day researching thru this forum about hotwire so I can learn a little...

Aaron JB - Yes, I see it now - after going back to probably Aug on this forum, I can see that the 3.5* I thought was the Hilton Oceanwalk, was indeed not true as the Oceanwalk did come up with the correct list of amenities like the restaurant on a prior reported win...I thought the 3.5 was the Hilton, but the restaurant & resort icon's werent there, so I am SO GLAD I asked before I purchased as I would have been stuck with an unwanted win :) Thanx for helping!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level in each zone, so are you sure you saw multiple hotels at the 4* level in this one particular zone?

Is this still true on Hotwire? - If so then the 4* Hilton Oceanwalk & the 4* Plaza would not show up at the same time as they are both in the Daytona - Ormond Beach zone??

I am still trying to learn so thanx for any info...

Rather than wait, as our trip is soon I went with the 4* as follows

used the HOTWIRE LINK

4* South Daytona - Daytona Beach Shores 12/9 for 3 nights

resort

beachfront

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

high speed internet

spa services

Hoping for The Shores Resort & Spa...& yes that was what it was - Thanx again AaronJB!!! It was 89.00 this morning but by this afternoon it had dropped to 84.00 - It has great reviews - We are thrilled!! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see that you're happy with the results and the deal you received.

Yes, it's still the case that HOTWIRE will only show one hotel at each star level in each zone (although 'all-inclusive' and 'condo' properties are treated as a different category, so technically it is possible to see 3 properties at the same star level in a given zone if one is a hotel, one is all-inclusive, and one is a condo)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]