Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Mag Mile Hotel ID?

louisvillebound
By louisvillebound,
in

I am attending a conference at the Hyatt in Chicago, February 10-14 and the discount rooms are all gone.

Looking at Hotwire, there is a 4* Boutique (Non-Smoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet) for $73 which I am guessing is the Hotel Felix?

There is also a 4.5* (Fitness, Restaurant, Business, Internet) for $99- any idea what this might be?

I'm not sure if I should be looking in other areas. I'm guessing it will be FREEZING in February so we are looking for as short of a walk as possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Please start by reading YOUR MESSAGES.

The 4* above not only matches the Hotel Felix, but those amenities also match previous reports for the Hotel Sax, so that would be a possibility for that one as well.

The 4.5* matches both the Conrad and Inter-Continental, so either of these would be my best guess for this one (outside chance of the James hotel as well, but i'd consider that a distant 3rd choice)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Chicago is quite walkable and compact. Even the downtown hotels that are the furthest away from the Hyatt would be about a 30-35 minute walk or a $5-7 cab ride. The Intercontinental is maybe a 3-4 minute walk from the Hyatt, and the Sax would be about a 7-8 minute walk, tops. The Felix would be further North, but still, not bad.

Additionally, to throw out another option, when searching for 2 adults/2 children, there's a different 4* in the Mag Mile for $85, with fitness, restaurant, business and internet. This could be a match for the Hyatt (although the Hyatt looks sold out), Sheraton, Westin River North or Hard Rock. The Westin, HR and Sheraton are close to the Hyatt, especially the Hard Rock. The Westin is next to the Sax and the Sheraton is just across the river.

Additionally, there's plenty of places to duck into for a moment along the way if you're out and it's cold. Even at worst (see last year), it's not arctic-like, it just requires dressing warmly.

February in Chicago can be bitter, but it's not quite as bad in many areas because you're blocked from stronger winds by buildings. Side streets in a lot of cases may be a slightly easier journey than being out on the more open Michigan Ave. Additionally, it has been warmer-than-usual so far this Winter (last year was one of the worst I can remember in at least a decade or two) and hopefully that will carry through to Feb. Once you do choose a hotel I can make some additional suggestions on getting around.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

One other suggestion: The Embassy Suites Lakefront is $99 on these dates on Orbitz.com, and the coupon code FABSAVE10 takes off another 10% per night = $89.10. Really nice all-suite property, plus free breakfast/evening reception. The ES is next to the Sheraton, just across the river from the Hyatt.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link if this is of interest.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]