Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Whistler Delta Whistler Suites

PrisonBull
By PrisonBull,
in

I am in the Vancouver area and we are being bombarded in through the media of all the great current deals. Apparently there is a lull in bookings in venues just prior to every Olympics. I am hearing 1/2 off prices to 4 for 3 deals.

I am going to use Priceline for the first time. I will be using your links. I plan on getting a 4* (hopefully the Fairmont) but it doesn't really matter too much. I know that there are ZERO 4*s in Squamish and I will use that as a second bid.

Median price is $213USD retail. Fairmont is listed at that price.

A phone call direct to them resulted in no discount and their listed $229CDN. $23 dollar savings for Government rates.

Hotwire offers a 4* Condo for $133.

I used the BetterBidding PRICELINE links to order.

Just came back from the stay. Weather was bad and we were unable to get past security to check out the venues. We knew this going there so no big deal. At least there was no line up for anything.

We received comp parking through BCAA (any AAA card would suffice) which was a $20CDN value. This is a must in Whistler. You should get a membership card if you plan on staying any length of time. There is no free parking though some hotels have it included.

The 3.5* winning bid turned out to be a tiny bachelor suite. We upgraded ($30) to a 1 bedroom suite with a King bed and full kitchen. Plenty of room for 4 adults to sleep if required and recommended if you are going to have a longer stay. Most amenities were down for repairs/refurbishing prior to the Olympics/main winter ski season. The in/outdoor pool and indoor hot tub were the only things open. Even the restaurant (Milestone's) was closed as they were renovating and putting in an Elephant & Castle. Staff were great but this hotel has some age showing. The hallway carpets were filthy but everything else was acceptable.

In hindsight I should have bid more and tried for the Fairmont. I've been there before and it is a true 4*.

Whistler Delta Suites are not 3.5*, I would give them no more than 3* with all amenities up and running.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]