Priceline Hotel: Resort Phoenix (Scottsdale) Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center

lovesdeals
By lovesdeals,
in

Hi, I'm a newbie and have read several related posts here including the PRICELINE rebidding strategies (fantastic info.) Before I place my PRICELINE bid, I'd like to get some strategy tips and starting bid suggestions for the 4* and resort star levels in Scottsdale.

- Our hotel dates are Sat Dec 12 & Sun 13th

I've seen wins as low as $41 for 4* Scottsdale properties...our max bid is probably $75 but would love to get something closer to $55! What would be the best strategy as far as bidding 4* and the Resort star levels? The Kierland Hyatt would be awesome as well as Hilton Resort & Villas, Doubletree Paradise Valley, Mondrian.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm assuming this is a 2 nite stay (12/12-12/14)??

Are you willing to pay more for a Resort class hotel vs. a 4* OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above (and read your messages) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. That is correct, 2 night stay 12-14 Dec. Goal is the least expensive 4* or better however, paying more for a Resort isn't out of the question...how much more could I expect to bid for a Resort?

After reviewing the Scottsdale 4* and Resort properties below, I'd be thrilled to get a superb price for any of those...Scottsdale Plaza Resort and Scottsdale Resort/Conference Center are the least preferred though. (I certainly realize those are a possibility and I have to be willing to stay there!)

Phoenix (Scottsdale)

Resort Hyatt Regency Scottsdale

Resort JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort

Resort Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center

4* Doubletree Paradise Valley

4* Hilton Scottsdale Resort

4* Mondrian

4* Scottsdale Plaza Resort

Hi again, I've decided to bid on a Scottsdale RESORT versus a 4* as all of the 3 reported Resort properties look fantastic...especially Hyatt at Gainey Ranch! I know of the possibility of getting an unreported hotel but I'm willing to take my chances.

I find it interesting how two people bid the same area: Scottsdale and Star Level: Resort and the one who bid $45 received Scottsdale Resort & Conference Center (with respect, i'd say it's the less preferred property) and the other who bid quite a bit higher at $70 received Hyatt at Gainey Ranch. Is there any method here...?...high bid may win "better" property and/or low bid is likely to win less preferred property? Maybe a higher bid of say $70 could win ANY property but a very low bid say $45 would not get Hyatt for example? Just wondering if there are any such patterns noted.

If you will please advise. Thanks again!

Bidding higher to get a particular property is definitely not recommended, as it could very easily wind up as an "overbid" - bidding more for the property you would have gotten anyway had you bid less. There's no way at all to know what inventory PRICELINE has for your dates.

Additionally, rates and availability vary by date, so it's not recommended to try and compare two different wins from two different dates.

Again though, bidding more in order to try and get a better/different property is definitely not recommended.

There is a 4.5* in the North Scottsdale area w/ Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Childrens Activities, Golf, Tennis for $105 on HOTWIRE for these dates (some of those amenities only show when you click continue on the listing to go to the detail page and then click "see all amenities"). While not guaranteed, that would match with the amenities previously reported with the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Oh wow that does sound like a match for Gainey Ranch and I think we would have gone for it but before I read your post I had already bid $46 for Resort Star Level on PRICELINE (I used this site's link) and like I anticipated, I received Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center. It's decent looking and I'm pleased with the price. Just hope they oblige my request for a non smoking, non 1st floor room! And I did get the Priceline travel insurance...maybe I can cancel eh? ;o)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]