Priceline Hotel: Newbie Help: Westin Bonaventure 01/01/05

samuel_m
By samuel_m,
in

Hello:

I hope someone here can help me out...I have a family of four and we are lookin' to do some last minute traveling to Los Angeles for New Years weekend. We need a hotel room for one night (check in on Saturday the 1st, and checkout on the 2nd). Some friends of ours are staying at the Westin Bonventure. I have tried to get a room here but have had no luck. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to give me some advice as to how to secure a room here via Priceline or Hotwire?

If not the Bonaventure, then anything that is within walking distance will do (3 star and up). Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With both Priceline and Hotwire you can't choose your specific hotel. As far as getting 'close', i would first recommend that you look at the shaded region of each and determine if you'd be happy anywhere within the shaded region.

You should also be aware that Priceline only guarantees double occupancy (and bedding type is not guaranteed), although many people have no problem 'chancing it'; Hotwire will allow you to search for 2 adults/2 children.

When you say you have already tried to secure a room but failed, what avenues did you try? How much are you willing to pay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello:

Thanks for the quick reply there!

I attempted to book a room at the Westin Bonaventure via all the major travel websites (Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc) but had no luck. They all say that no rooms are available. The westin website also wasn't very helpful. Expedia did have one room I think, but it was too $$$. I am looking to for something less than $125. Is that even possible in downtown LA? I saw in a previous thread of someone gettin' a room at the Bonaventure in November for $60. As I said, if not the Bonaventure, at least something that is nice and is within walking distance would also do just fine.

The Hilton Checkers, which is less than half a mile away from the Westin, has a room with two queen beds available for 89 bucks directly from their website. You could probably try Priceline and end up getting a room there or somewhere else (again, to make sure you fully understand Priceline, you wouldn't be bidding for a specific hotel, you'd be picking the minimum star level acceptable to you and bidding for a hotel located anywhere within a certain geographical area) for a little less, but booking the Hilton directly would guarantee you a close location and the two beds you presumably need.

Please see my comments above about 'walking distance'... you can either accept anything at your star level in the shaded region of the zone or you shouldn't use Priceline. (i'll also reference my double occupancy comments above)

If you're ok with the double occupancy issue and the zone, this is how i wold bid:

You have 7 re-bids available when bidding 4* in the downtown area. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Select 4* Downtown and...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80.

I have left off one re-bid opportunity so that you still have options if you fail with the above.

If you can bid the above (given the restrictions of Priceline) let us know how it goes, or let us know that you're not able to take the risk of Priceline and need help with other options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]