Priceline Hotel: 5* Budapest Sofitel Chain Bridge

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

After I have read previous experiences in betterbidding (for march 2010) I resolved to try Sofitel Budapest. I was willing to take this hotel and not a less expensive one, as I supposed was Hilton. So, I started my bidding with a price close to the one a betterbidding mate had offered: US$83. I incresad it to 85 because my trip is in the high season (July) and the offer I read was for March. I would start my bidding in a lower level if I didn't mind what 5* hotel I would take.

I knew I was risking taking another hotel paying more than the necessary - I don't know how Priceline allocates our offer regarding to its hotel list. But I thought that if I offered less I coud end up get a hotel other than Sofitel, understand?

My 1st bidding was accepted and I am very happy. I guess that US$ 85 plus fees is a very good price for a hotel like that in the high season.

Thanks to betterbidding tips!

I used the PRICELINE link above.

I hope betterbidding help me in my nexts bidding: Vienna, Munich and Nuremberg.

My problem is that I will travel by car and I need a hotel with parking nearby.

Thank you again!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the information here was helpful with your purchase and that you're happy with the results.

For help with your other trips, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC(S)... but please also follow-up your previous Hotwire NYC thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

don't know if July is high season? why did you post this today (November)?

BTW: Priceline in Europe is not as good deal as in the US, the hotels you'll win are mainly US-Chains like Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental etc. As Priceline trusts it's partners in Europe on their self rated *-rating a European 4* is US 2,5* hotel!

Wins of 3* are sometimes Courtyard Marriott but sometimes also low key local chain hotels. In Europe check this forum carefully (and use the links above) and first check the last minutes pay at hotel sites like priceline partner booking or hrs!

Isn't it high season? At least it used to be. Air ticket prices rise and so do the hotel's.

Why did I posted now? Because I won it today! Should I wait until June 2010?

I do not agree with you. I also have bidded a 4* hotel - Pullman Rive Gauche (Paris, of course) for last October and the hotel was really a nice one (despite of its location, a little bit far - but near metro station anyway). So I must say that I'm pretty happy with Priceline and I may not fault it because of my bidding mistakes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]