Priceline Hotel: 5* or 4* London Hotel (Mayfair Soho) Nov 25 - Nov 29

noodle
By noodle,
in

I need assistance on how to to better re-bids.

4 Nights (Nights of Stay 11/25/09- 11/29/09)

After reading the topics and recent wins I tried to Priceline 5* London Hotels.

The following were not accepted:

$151 per night for 5* ( Mayfair - Soho) REJECTED

$177 per night for 5* ( Mayfair - Soho or Wesminster) REJECTED

$178 per night for 5* ( Mayfair - Soho or Wesminster or Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) REJECTED

What we really want:

1) first choice would be to be in Mayfair - Soho in a *5 for 170ish or a 4* for 120ish.

2) second choice is any 5* in (Mayfair - Soho or Wesminster or Bloomsbury - Marble Arch) around 170ish

3) a 3* in Mayfair - Soho 90-100ish

I'm having trouble constructing the scenarios for these rebids. Specific instructions on which zones that I can add to allow re-bids would be most helpful.

Also, I cannot tell if the initial rejections are due to the dates of travel (i.e. include week days or weekends) or if it's just last minutey and the prices are higher for that reason. We can add days to the stay if it's more likely to get a better hotel if the duration is adjusted.

Thank you.

I think it would be worth a few minutes of your time to just punch your dates into Hotwire (one day at a time) and see the results. The rates are REALLY high then.

In order for the pros here to help you sort this out, they need an idea of your maximum budget. The "....$170ish" you mention will get (on Hotwire) a 4* Westminister or Bloomsbury but not a Mayfair - Soho. And what one can do on Hotwire tends to be similar to what one can do on Priceline (with Priceline maybe being slightly lower).

Adding days won't help in a situation like this. With priceline, your bid has to be equal to or greater than the highest offered rate in the span of dates. The rates across the individual dates are generally flat, indicating there isn't a holiday or other event spiking one or more of them.

London has definitely gotten very expensive lately. Hope you can work something out.

Romelle

noodle

I'm having trouble constructing the scenarios for these rebids. Specific instructions on which zones that I can add to allow re-bids would be most helpful.

Start with reading this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained And post with any questions you might have. It's importand that you understand how this works.

I don't think that $170 will cut it for a 5* in any zone when looking at the current rates. I think your budget in general is to low for the dates. But please post your maximum/night for the diffrent zones so we can help you with a strategy.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I was looking for a hotel for the same dates. I got the 5* Marriotts last year for the same period for $165 when I realised I wasn't going to get anything around the same price this year I switched my search to the Top Secret hotels on Lastminute.com and got the Chesterfield 4* for $160 It's not 5* but the reviews on Tripadvisor are great and the location is perfect. This hotel is no longer available for your dates but the Radisson Berkshire on Oxford st is avalable for $165

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]