Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Regency Mission Bay

softbabyshoes
By softbabyshoes,
in

Hi, I have been reading all the winning bids on San Diego area 4* hotels. I saw winnings bid from $65 to about $75 on recent winning bids. I have tried to bid the last 2 nights from $65 to $76 but failed. I have added new zone each time and finally used up all the zones and still not winning anything. trying to book for 12/2/09-12/8. Do you think it's because it's a longer stay so I couldnt win anything? or do you know if there's any big event going on during that time? Any advice's appreciated. Thanks

HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Gaslamp/Convention Center zone for $82 for these dates w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, which I would guess is likely the Indigo. That would be another option to consider.

Thanks for the info. I don't really have an area that I really want to stay at. I was trying to bid on a nicer hotel that's close to Legoland, Sea World etc. We will have 2 little kids with us on this trip and I might consider booking 2 nights at Anaheim so I can take them to disney for a day and then stay at San Diego for 4 nights... I will try to bid again tonight on PRICELINE or book with HOTWIRE. I will update once I booked / won something. Just hoping to win a nicer hotel with pool in case kids want to swim a little. Hopefully it won't be too cold first week of Dec in SD....

Maybe breaking up the dates will help winning hotel room on PRICELINE instead of booking all 6 night at 1 area?

Thanks again.

Splitting the bid may or may not be necessary, but i'd first and foremost try for whatever works best for your plans.

However, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy so you could receive a room with only one bed. Hopefully you'll get a hotel which will be able, and willing, to accomodate your request for a room with 2 beds, but this isn't guaranteed with PRICELINE (nor is a pool). If this of concern HOTWIRE will usually cost you a little more, but will also allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and choose a hotel displaying a Pool icon.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and/or if we can be of further help in the process.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will post the winning bids again on separate post tomorrow.

here's my other winnings. just won a minute ago. started with 3.5* North County Coastal and added 4* Coastal and won at $62 after 8 bids by rezone. THANK YOU!

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa And Marina

San Diego Coastal

1441 Quivira Road

San Diego, California 92109

619-224-1234

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions

Check-In Date:

Fri, Dec 4, 2009 / After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Tue, Dec 8, 2009 / 12:00 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, I was just trying to bid 3.5* for North Coastal zone near Legoland and ran out of zones for free rebid, so I added 4* Coastal zone. When I won the bid, the message said that priceline had UPGRADED my bid to 4*. Not too sure what it meant but I am happy with the price and hotel. Maybe I did get a 4* for the price of 3.5*??

Had been trying to bid for couple days and I wasn't winning any 4* hotel at San Diego area up to $76.

Anyway, just want to share this with everyone. Hope it's helpful. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]