Priceline Hotel: Can I book for my parents on NYOP?!

dambuster
By dambuster,
in

Hi all,

Just made my first winning bid ever on P/L NYOP (see my Amsterdam post) & love this forum already even though im a newbie here.

Could I pick someones brain please?!

It's my parents 20th wedding anv in December 2009..Could I book a room on Priceline NYOP on their behalf, (i'm thinking as a present) or can i only book the room for myself as i'll obviously be paying using my credit card to make the booking?

Any help on this matter greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dambuster

Hi Guys,

I'm new to betterbidding & think this is a great website.Thank you.I will definitely be using in future.

Could I ask you if i'm missing something on the site though?

It's just I find it a littled unclear if the winning bids that are posted by people include or exclude Priceline taxes & fees?..Is there anyway for posters to be able to state this information?

The reason I say this is the taxes represent a significant additional % of the bid & I think this bit of information would be useful (to save constantly underbidding for instance).

Regards & thanks,

Dambuster

The actual bid is in the title line, but many people kindly take the time to include the taxes and fees in the body of their text.

Those add-ons are sometimes unpredictable. I've seen Hotwire ones where the same base amount in different areas (same dates and city) generated significantly different taxes and fees.

You do always see the additional taxes and fees before you place your bid.

Romelle

Thanks for that Romelle.

Just a suggestion, why don't the webmasters simply add another box next to the winning bid amount? so that when people post thier wins, they remember to include this information.

I think that would benefit everyone, as then the true cost can be compared?

Anyone agree or is just it me again being pedantic again! :)

Cheers all.

The tax percentage would be the same as booking direct thru the hotel or any other online agency and PRICELINE's booking fee is ~$5-7 per nite depending upon length of stay, so just add that to the bid amount you see in the topic title to make an apples-to-apples comparison.

We do have a LOT of changes coming to the board (guessing ~3 months away) but since the taxes/fees are fixed and not something that can be controlled by the user, i don't think we'll be adding the total since it's fairly straightforward (imo) since we remain consistent and only use prics before taxes and fees in the topic titles.

Many of our 'enhancements' do come from user input, so if you have any other suggestions/recommendations feel free to PM them to me. :)

Also, if you didn't, please read the welcome message in you INBOX. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]