Priceline Hotel: Resort Honolulu (Waikiki North) Sheraton Waikiki

afaa
By afaa,
in

I'm planning a cheap honeymoond getaway in Waikiki Beach. I've been reading and thinking that I'd like the "Hotwire: 3.5* Outrigger Reef on the Beach". My question is: Is there a way to select room type like a 1 king bed, what about options to choose occean view/mountain view ect?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here is a thread that touches upon this subject:

AFTER BIDDING INSTRUCTIONS

And this was taken from elsewhere on the board:

Taken from elsewhere on the board:

Priceline (and Hotwire) rooms are booked "Run of House" which means that they are assigned based upon what is available at time of check-in. Usually this, and in addition to the fact that others are spending 2x and 3x more than us to stay at the very same hotel, means that we don't typically get the best rooms the hotel has to offer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm planning a cheap honeymoon getaway in Waikiki Beach.

I can't answer you on the room type however, I can help you with the "cheap" :) part...

An option for you to consider is the 3* Renaissance Ilikai in the Waikiki North zone which goes for only $58 on Priceline. It is also available for your dates ... by looking at Priceline Vacations, it comes up as the cheapest 3* listed.

I know it does not compare to the Outrigger Reef in proximity to the beach but it is great to consider for the extremely low price, favorable reviews and that it was just rennovated. Some other websites like easyclicktravel rate it as a 4.5*.

Wow, $58 for a 3 star hotel in Hawaii, that's a very attractive price. Tripadvisor actually gives it a 4 star. I'll keep that in mind as I do my search going forwared.

Thanks for all your input.

Thereuare: You must be the nicest mod I've seen on the net. I've been reading your posts. My hat's off to you and thank you.

If you are considering 3* options, also check out the Radisson Hotel Waikiki ... which is in the Waikiki-South zone and can be scored for $60. Very impressive reviews about their service, new lobby and decent rooms. Once again, away from the beach by a couple blocks.

I'd like to bid for the Radisson Hotel Wailiki. What's the strategy to get that hotel for the price.

Your Offer Price: $130.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $650.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$94.63

Total Charges: $744.63

Sheraton Waikiki

Check-In Date: Thursday, January 27, 2005

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Waikiki North

2255 Kalakaua Avenue

Honolulu, Hawaii 96815

808-922-4422

First try $125. Got a offer to add $22. Re-bid adding Airport zone for $130 and got accepted.

So did you opt for bidding for a Resort class hotel in stead of 3* (or were you upgraded)?

This hotel has a $119/nite rate for your dates (although it's listed as 'no view' vs. 'city view' (which is $195/nite))

I would contact Priceline via email and see if they'll honor the difference... it may get you a partial refund, but if not, it would confirm that you're at least entitled to a 'city view' type room when you arrive and they won't try to make you take less.

Let us know about the price difference and if you chose to bid for Resort or were upgraded.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Go to Priceline>>HELP>>HOTELS

Search for "best price" (without the quotes)

There is a form there to email to them.

They may come back and tell you that you're booked in a higher class room and the $119/rate is for a lesser quality room, but i would at least try (or at the very least confirm the room class you are booked in at the Sheraton is the higher grade room). As well, if your told that the $119 rate is for a lesser room, you than have some written/email proof that your deserve more if you're given a room with 'no view' upon check-in.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I've sent then an inquiry email through their form. Although, I read their Best Price Guarantee policy it mainly talks about their package not the bid price. And their FAQ states that I should call their 800 number.

:) Gee Just when I thought I did pretty good, it runs out I goofed. I even stretched my budget to get something decent. Oh well, lets hope for the best. Thanks to thereuare and this forum for all the help.

If you're booked in one of the $195/nite rooms than you didn't goof at all... best case scenario is that Priceline refunds the difference and you're given one of the higher rated rooms!

Let us know what response you ultimately get from priceline.

Also, a friendly reminder to anyone following along that the board is user-supported. :)

Update:

Per thereuare's suggestion, I sent an email to Priceline as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've bid on a resort hotel on Priceline and later found the hotel given

has a lower rate on their website than my offered price. The Sheraton

Waikiki has a rate of $119/night for the dates I'll be traveling

1/27-2/1. I am inquiring to see if I can get a refund for the difference

base on the Best Price Guarantee policy.

Thank you for your time.

Response from Priceline:

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We understand that

you have an accepted request for a hotel room in Oahu, HI and would like

to know whether you can get a refund as per our Best Price Guarantee as

you are able to find a rate of $119.00 per night on the hotel's website.

We have reviewed your offer price and the best price available on

www.sheraton.com and have refunded your credit card 100% of the

difference between the room rate you paid and what you found online. You

will see this refund reflected on your credit card statement within the

next 1 - 2 billing statements, depending upon your credit card billing

cycle.

Amount Charged by Priceline

(Excluding Taxes and Fees): $650.02 

Available Total Charges

(Excluding Taxes and Fees): $595.00

Total Refund: $55.02

Thanks for using us for your travel needs. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Sincerely,

Works out great. Now let's hope I don't get the no view room. I've read reviews that the no view rooms at Sheraton Waikiki are loudsy.

I've registered for a Sheraton Prefer Member card.

When should I call to see if I can add my member number and possibly ask for room assignment?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]