Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

steveforreal
By steveforreal,
in

Mag Mile- Streeterville 4.5 star $109 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

NMA-WT-GC 4.5star $167 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

NMA-WT-GC 4.star $89 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

Mag Mile- Streeterville 4. star $98 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

Museum campus- McCormak place soldier field 4 star $115 restarant, bus center, pool, hi-speed inet access.

Mag Mile- Streeterville 3.5 star $69 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

NMA-WT-GC 3.5 star $69 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

Thanks

Correct. The 4* NMA could be either the Allerton, Knickerbocker, Westin MA or Drake. 4.5 NMA likely Sofitel and the 4.5* MM likely Intercontinental.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

I have used this site so many time for info, just never posted before. I like to use PL when i know exacltly what I am getting via piggybacking another's bid. But in Chicago there are simply too many hotels and the variance amongs different star levels is too great for my taste.

Aaron

OK. Here is where I am at:

Mag Mile- Streeterville 4.5 star $109 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access. --- probably the Intercontinental

NMA-WT-GC 4.star $94 fitness, pool, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.spa ----- probably the W

As you are the Chicago authority : 1. Why are so many here high on the 3.5* $69 per night Doubletree? Is it the hotel and its amenities or just the price.??

2. Why so many bad reviews for the W?? I have stayed at a few tjhat were cool??

thanks in advance

The W hotels are a "love it or hate it" chain. I've stayed at a few and liked them quite a bit, as they are different from the norm. However, if you're a person who isn't looking for a trendy boutique property with a "nightclub"-like atmosphere in the lobby at night, the W's aren't going to go over well. I liked the W Lakeshore, but it is admittedly a former Days Inn (although they did the best they could, it would seem) and maybe not the very best the W chain has to offer. The opening between the bathroom and the rest of the room also seems to be a minor negative comment about the W Lakeshore, although most probably don't care.

That particular Doubletree is certainly not the Four Seasons, but it's a nice property in a great location and if one can get it for $69 or so (I wouldn't pay full price), it's a fine place to sleep in a very good location. If you're not going to be in the room a lot, $69 for a nice Doubletree in a great location is certainly not a bad way to go.

I like the Intercontinental because it's not only a very nice hotel in a great location, but it has a very interesting history, including the fact that the pool was one of the first public pools built on a higher floor and was considered a feat of engineering for the time period.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Mag Mile- Streeterville 4.5 star $109 fitness, restarant, bus center, hi-speed inet access.

11/12 - 11/14

Hotel Intercontinental

Just bought it. Thanks for the assistance and the info re the W being a former days inn.

I, like so many, expect champagne on a beer budget.

Could not have done it without this board.

Let me know if I need to do anthing else to close this thread.

Thanks again.

Definitely take a walk around the hotel - it's quite a beautiful property with a lot of history. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InterContinental_Chicago

Wanted to report back. The hotel was very nice and was WELL worth the price. I gave the front desk the "Its our anniversary" line and got an upgrade to a suite in the old tower.

Great Hotel. spectacular location - in the middle of everything and 5 star room.

Parking is high, but it is market for being that close to watertower and valeting on Michigan ave

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]