Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Austin (North) DoubleTree North

disarticulate
By disarticulate,
in

Just booked via betterbidding HOTWIRE link.

3.5* Austin (North) Doubletree Hotels Austin North for 2 nights.

$59/night from 11/13/09-11/15/09.

$140.27 after taxes and fees.

Description showed: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, Hi-Speed Internet

Not an amazing deal, but beats paying full price. And I'd rather pony up another 20 bucks a night to know that I'm not going to get stabbed at some cracked out motel.

I'll comment on my stay after the weekend of debauchery....

---Pros---

***This hotel got the job done, with room to spare. The room was larger than an average hotel room, with a couch, coffee table, and a large desk. The king size bed was very comfortable and linens were especially welcoming after a long night of binge drinking. The bathroom vanity was classy and looked recently up-to-date (w/in 5 years or so). I had the "Junior Burger" or something like that off of the room service and it was pretty darn tasty.

---Cons---

***WiFi was like $10 or so per day and wasn't very fast (~2Mb/sec.) This isn't terribly slow like dial-up, but can be some-what of a nuisance for power users. I had to stream some videos for work, and it took quite a while to buffer them because of the moderately slow internet.

***No Hi-Def TV, so watching football games was a bit retro. But for the price, HD shouldn't be expected.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again at the price stated above.

-disarticulate

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]