Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House - Downtown) Renaissance Mayflower

julieg
By julieg,
in

I'd like to bid for a 4* hotel in white house/downtown area for 12/23-30. Most of what I've seen as successes in that area are the Mayflower. I'd be happy with that (or the jw marriort, willard, sofitel). I'm worried though about getting the W which I don't consider very kid friendly (our two children will be with us). I haven't seen any 'wins' with the W and I don't see the W listed in the priceline area lists... but it is listed as one of the 4* hotels priceline books in that area. Since the W quoted rate is higher than the Mayflower, would I be right to guess that they likely won't be accepting my bid as quickly as the Mayflower might? Anyone know what the odds of getting the W would be?

If the hotel has not shown up in the last 6 months, then it is very unlikely that you will be awarded that hotel. The hotel list shows all of the hotels that have been awarded in a particular area, however if you look at the results for the last 15 posts in an area, these are the likely hotels that you will receive.

Since you are staying over the holidays, I expect that you will be staying at the Mayflower.

I generally use Priceline, however I saw that the Affinia now has an "Advance Purchase" option for $92. This is still more than Priceline, however you will get points at that hotel chain.

Please also be aware of the parking rates and restrictions when you are staying in downtown DC.

While one has to be willing to accept any of the 4*'s in a certain area, the W has not yet been reported as PRICELINE win to the board and would seem unlikely.

What would your budget per night be? Additionally, HOTWIRE may also be an option, as one can more easily make an "educated guess" as to which properties are showing.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Thanks! Our bid was accepted at $80 per night--we used the PRICELINE link you provided for booking it. We tried $60, then $70, then $80. Both my husband and I have elderly, frail mothers so we worry about planning too far in advance. Fortunately, we were able to purchase hotel trip insurance thru PRICELINE for $5 per night. Well worth it. We also bought insurance for our airfare. :) Thanks for all your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that the insurance option gives you peace of mind for this purchase. Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the name of the hotel you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]