Hotwire Hotel: Help Id hotel NYC

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

So my sister-in- law called me yesterday looking for help as she knows I'm a regular PL user. 2 adults and 3 small kids traveling. She thought they could get one room and it would be ok via PL. Definitely not an option with that many people in NYC!!! They're not particular on area but would prefer a 4* or 3.5* at the least.

So I'm thinking either go via PL and book 2 rooms or use Hotwire and put 2 adults and 2 children (hotwire won't let me put 3....any issues with check in and 5 people?).

I can't find anything listed available for the star level I'm looking for on Hotwire. I'd be looking for hotels of the Marriott/Hilton level. The only other option I thought might work is the embassy suites. 2 double bed room with a pull out and they'd get full breakfast and evening reception. $490 a night including tax but what can you do!!!

They would like to spend no more than $400 a night for either one room or two---just something to accommodate the 5 of them.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions you might have!!!

So I'm thinking either go via PL and book 2 rooms or use Hotwire and put 2 adults and 2 children (hotwire won't let me put 3....any issues with check in and 5 people?).

Hotwire's hotel partners allow a maximum of 4 occupants per room.

I can't find anything listed available for the star level I'm looking for on Hotwire. I'd be looking for hotels of the Marriott/Hilton level. The only other option I thought might work is the embassy suites. 2 double bed room with a pull out and they'd get full breakfast and evening reception. $490 a night including tax but what can you do!!!

Have you tried search for 2 HOTWIRE rooms with the 3 and 2 option?

Yellowdog.

Hotwire's hotel partners allow a maximum of 4 occupants per room.

Have you tried search for 2 HOTWIRE rooms with the 3 and 2 option?

Yellowdog.

So if they show up with 5 will they not be allowed to check in?

I think if I choose to get two rooms it will be via PL so I can save a little more $$. Sorry I just realized that I completely left off the hotel I was looking to ID.

3.5* hotel in Downtown -SoHo $282

Amenities are smoke free, fitness center, restaurant and high speed internet. Is it possible this is Hotel Reserve which is 3* and maybe it has been upgraded? The only other 3.5* is club quarters but the amenities are not a match.

Thanks!!

This is an extremely expensive weekend in NYC (if city isn't an issue, Chicago, on the other hand, is far cheaper.)

In NYC, rooms are very small and many hotels only allow a max of 2 or 3. That is why when you look on HOTWIRE for 2 people in the room, there's a whole lot more options than when you look for 4. Will you not be allowed to check in if you show up with 5 for one room? There's definitely a risk of that, if code only allows for a certain amount of people in the room and you are over the max. If you don't make it obvious that there are 5 people in the room (don't everyone come up to the desk at check-in) it may work, but you still run a high risk of trouble if you are caught and someone at the hotel wants to keep to city code. 5 in a room may not be an issue in other cities, but in a city like NYC where some rooms are 150-175 sq ft and max people in a room is lower, it could be a problem - especially when there's no guarantee which hotel you may get on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Additionally, there is a 3* Suite property showing in the Empire State Building area for $10 more. While not a 4*, this would be a far better location than being stuck downtown in December weather. Plus, larger room and kitchenette. 5 would still be a risk, but if the risk was successful, at least this would be a larger room and have a kitchenette - plus, not having to travel from downtown to Midtown.

The 3.5* Downtown has not yet been ID'd, but an upgraded Reserve may be a possibility.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]