Priceline Hotel: 3* Tampa Tampa (Airport TPA and Westshore) Doubletree Guest Suites

Pthomas156
By Pthomas156,
in

Started bidding a week ago at $33 for Tampa Airport 3 star. Went up a couple of dollars each day until 11/4 when I got the Doubletree Hotel Tampa Westshore for $43 when Hotwire was at $49. (However, one day during that time Hotwire had a 3-star for $39! I was bidding below that then.) Just called the Doubletree to see if they'd reserve a room with two beds, and they said they'd request it but couldn't guarantee. Said I should call Priceline ("my travel agent") if I wanted to modify (right!). The one-king-bed rooms are going on their site for $99 while their two-bedded rooms are going for $149. Another poster to this site said they'd called and were told it was no problem. So maybe I just got a reservation agent who resents Priceline and people who get good deals. We'll see what happens when I get to the hotel. There's just my daughter and myself, so it doesn't matter, but it's always interesting to see what happens with these special deals.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]