Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (ESB) Affinia Dumont

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

Need some fast help for a quick and unexpected trip to the city. I don't like going this time of year, pricing is at a premium. Used PRICELINE links from BB to go as high as $225 for Mid-town East, West, Central Park South and Times Square. Was at 4* in each case. Would take 3.5* in Mid-town East as my preferred location.

Any suggestions and fast help?

thx

Seattle

Good afternoon.

I'm seeing a 3* suite property in MTE on HOTWIRE - which would likely be the Beekman Tower - for $175. While not a 3.5*, this is a well-reviewed property with larger rooms. Given that HOTWIRE is showing a 4* in MTE for $259, I'm a little surprised that a 4* bid for $225 wasn't accepted. I don't think you're far off from an accepted bid for a 4* in MTE - $240 may be accepted. $215-225 is likely a reasonable bid for a 3.5*.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

Receive word this morning of the requirement to get to NYC for a Weds - Friday trip. I hate going at this time of year because of the competition for rooms.

I Used PRICELINE links from BB to go as high as $225 for Mid-town East, West, Central Park South and Times Square. Was at 4* in each case. I posted to the board for help and should have waited....the hotwire recommendation would have been better. I instead went and added Empire State Area and ended-up with the Affinia Dumont. I didn't move to 3.5*, (promise I didn't), so that must mean the Affinia moved up a half-star.

Anyway, closest rack rate on the hotel web site is $382, so while I'm not thrilled, I'll simply be satisfied, and thank Better Bidding for the attempted guidance, (I'll be more patient next time), and for all the years of great assistance that has saved me much.

Best,

Seattle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]