Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Hilton Gaslamp Quarter

theQ
By theQ,
in

2nd time bidding for a hotel on priceline and 2nd time bidding through this board. Used the PRICELINE link through this site to start bidding.

Bid for 5 rooms for a golf trip I'm planning

$60 bid 4* Downtown-Harbor Island- rejected

$65 bid 4* adding Point Loma-Shelter Island- rejected

$70 bid 4* adding Mission Valley- rejected

$73 bid 4* adding La Mesa- accepted

I only wanted to stay Downtown so I kept the star level at 4* and only added areas that DID NOT have a 4* hotel when I re-bid increasing my bid amount each time. (It makes me nervous to add areas that I don't want to stay in, but by only adding areas that DON'T have the star level I'm bidding on I guess my nervousness is unwarranted....right?) I think I followed a sound strategy but if my bidding strategy was flawed in any way even though it worked the way I wanted feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Based upon recent wins from this board, I figured I was close at $70 and only increased my last bid to $73. I never received a counter offer even with my $70 bid. Im very happy with the result! Thanks to the Admin.

TheQ

Congratualtions on your success!

Glad to see this worked out well for you and that you're happy with the results.

It makes me nervous to add areas that I don't want to stay in, but by only adding areas that DON'T have the star level I'm bidding on I guess my nervousness is unwarranted....right?
Correct, but a few things to keep in mind:

-don't ever use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zone(s), use the technique in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

-you just don't want zones that don't contain the leve you're bidding, but dont' contain anything higher than what you're bidding... so if you're bidding on a 3* hotel and a zone doesn't contain 3* but does contain 3.5, 4, Resort, or 5* hotels, this would not be a re-bid zones since the star level you select is the minimum you're willing to accept and PRICELINE can upgrade you to one of these higher rated hotels in the zone that you add

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have a good round :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]