Priceline Hotel: 3* Barcelona (West and Suburbs) NH Forum

Spinner
By Spinner,
in

Hi all,

Could you recommend a strategy for bidding on 4*/5* hotels in Barcelona? 3* might be good enough as well, am most interested in knowing whether there are any areas I should definitely avoid. 1 room needed for 3 nights next week: 28th Oct-31st Oct.

Would like a reasonably quiet room in a safe area with easy access into the city - not bothered if I have to travel in on the Metro.

Apologies if I'm not conforming to protocol - please put me right if that's the case!

Thanks,

Spinner

The zones are to general to avoid the scattered pockets of petty crime in Barcelona. You just need to choose routes wisely after you win your hotel. Was just there last week and really noticed a change with the police very visable in the tourist areas, something that was a problem the past couple of years.

All areas are connected by metro, but you may have 10 minute walk to station, busses are frequent to most areas though and you just buy the 10 ride ticket for both.

The Ramblas seems to be difficult on Priceline as I had several bids recently without luck. 5* comes in over 150 and 4* over hotwire in that zone on the dates I have needed recently, with unsuccessful bids up to 120.

As far as 5*, Hesperia (Airport) if available will win at 90 to 95, Ramblas high over 150, ME or Hilton hits at lowest 125 in east, The best deal is Hilton in West zone that you can probably get on your dates for 105 euros.

For 4* you are looking over 115 Ramblas, 85 for Airport, maybe Renaissance , but you can probably get East for around 72 or 73 euros.

I always look at www.kayak.es and www.hotelesib.com when I try to see where rates are for given dates in BCN, where they have a opaque choice as well, but it is in spanish. You can get almost same deals at www.lastminute.co.uk .

Good luck.

They may merge the threads, but was going to tell you most likely hotel for your hotwire. May help someone in future.

The 69 dollar rate only came up for single room. The Silken - Sant Gervasi has a individual room called Petit room that I think was that 3.5 star hotwire hotel.

Was also going to tell you that AC hotels had a deal it appears on the top secret at lastminute.com . They have multiple hotels and figure out it is AC as they offer free minibar and other features lead you to which hotel.

Again, this info may help someone else.

Well. Little late. At least you got a good deal with the NH and you are happy.

Still good advice and may not be too late: I had looked on lastminute at that hotel you think is AC but couldn't work out which it was. Think it may have been a little outside my price range as well, but would have considered it, thanks.

I still need to also book 3 nights for 3 people 2009-10-31 to 2009-11-03, so will keep looking. I see there's a $156 4.5* room on Hotwire for Forum Area - Sant Mart

Rates look better those 3 nights.

You could try 87 to 89 with 5 star Airport and try to get Hesperia Tower. Just call the hotel and ask for 2 doubles. Have the 3rd person sit in lobby to avoid fee.

Had 10 rooms there last week and we got 7 with 2 beds. Every room has a sofa but it does not pull out. It would not be good for someone over 175cm though. They had buffet breakfast that was 15 euro if you put it on account at reception. They have limited schedule transportation to the airport and city. The metro is 5 minute walk. It is 20 euro taxi from airport and 11-13 from cit

Have the 3rd person sit in lobby to avoid fee.

I don't understand that - what fee? I booked the earlier Priceline NH Forum room for just myself - are you saying they can charge under-occupancy fees? I thought Priceline said the rooms could accommodate up to two adults. :)

Thanks,

Spinner

I was referring to your room for 3 people for the 31st to 3rd. It is not unusual for hotels in Spain to charge a third person fee. Usually not a problem though. A priceline hotel accomodates 2, but no gaurantee of 2 beds.

That is why I told you about experience at Hesperia Tower. That they had all King and rooms with 2 double beds. All rooms also had a standard sofa (not bed) that a child could easily use.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]