Hotwire Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

indigoskye
By indigoskye,
in

First of all I want to say hello. I just joined yesterday after a friend told me about the site. I have spent the better part of the time since reading all the tips on here that I could (but by no means have I read them all). So forgive me if this isn't under the correct forum or I don't do or list all of the info that I should.

Anyway, i am going to Atlanta for a business seminar next month an would like help on differentiating the hotels if possible. My travel dates are Nov 7th ~ 10th. I would like to stay in a 3.5 to 4 star hotel and smoke free would be most desirable if possible. I know that the areas I want to stay in are either downtown (where the workshop is), in Buckhead or near the airport. I have been checking out all the hotel websites and room choices and of course have my preferences, but understand that this is not guarenteed. And although, I will be there on business I would still like something really nice and safe since I am a female that will be traveling alone.

so in looking at these three locations with my dates here are the choices that come up today on Hotwire:

Buckhead area:

1) 4* $89/night ammenities are fitness center, business center, pool and resturant TA rating of 4/5

Downtown area:

1) 4* $84/night ammenities are fitness center, business center, pool, high speed internet and resturant TA rating 3.5/5

2) 3.5* $69/night ammenities are fitness center, business center, pool and resturant TA rating not shown

Airport area:

1) 4* $73/night ammenities are fitness center, business center, pool, high speed internet and resturant TA rating of 3.5/5

My question is which hotels do you think these might be? I checked against the sites listed ammenities and trip advisor ratings and come up with either the Westin or Hilton for the airport location. The Westin, W or Grand Hyatt in Buckhead. And the Hyatt Regency downtown. Does this sound about right?

Either way, if anyone has had any experience at any of these hotels / locations recently and can give me some input about their stay I would really appreciate it. I have a tendency to get really bogged down in details when given too many choices!!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and offer any advise.

Michelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The amenities of the above are quite common for a city hotel, but best guess for each would be as follows:

Buckhead

1) W Hotel

Downtown

1) Hyatt (although the TripAdvisor information doesn't match, the TA rating may have changed since HOTWIRE last updated the information for this property (the TA ratings are 'real time' but rather are only updated about once a month)

2) Hilton Downtown

Airport

1) Hilton Airport

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great thanks so much. And I did use the HOTWIRE link above to get to it, just forgot to mention it.

I just can't make up my mind. I am leaning towards the one that might be the Hyatt in downtown. That is actually where the workshop that I am attending is being held so it would be convenient. I have never used Priceline or Hotwire before. Do you think I can get a bit of a better deal on Priceline if I tried?

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks again!

HOTWIRE is generally more expensive (sometimes moderately, sometimes slightly) than PRICELINE, but with HOTWIRE you can at least make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing. PRICELINE is cheaper, but one has to have a lot more flexibility, as if you bid for a 4* (for example) in an area, you have to be willing to accept any of the 4*'s in that zone.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

HOTWIRE is generally more expensive (sometimes moderately, sometimes slightly) than PRICELINE, but with HOTWIRE you can at least make an educated guess as to which hotel is showing. PRICELINE is cheaper, but one has to have a lot more flexibility, as if you bid for a 4* (for example) in an area, you have to be willing to accept any of the 4*'s in that zone.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Thanks Aaron. I did know that much about Priceline. And from what I can tell, the 4* hotels that are on Priceline's list seem to be good ones.

I just can't decide which I prefer, going ahead with what I know or trying for an unknow for less. Like I said, I am TERRIBLE at making decissions when given too many choices.

Thanks again.

I won't need taxi service because I am driving in. I live in the upstate of SC so it is only about 2 1/2 hours to drive. I WILL however have to pay for parking and that is just the way it is. From the information that the PPA sent to me, the parking fee for the Hyatt is $27 /day. That was the reason for thinking that I might try to bid on something for a better price so that I can offset the three days worth of parking. Just like everyone on here I do LOVE a bargin, but not so much so that I end up in a place that isn't so nice or unsafe. So I will more than likely will go with the Hyatt since it is where the workshop is being held. But was just unsure since I have never used either Hotwire or Priceline. From what I am reading though, the Hyatt seems to be pretty good.

I will be sure to use the link on here no matter which way I go. And I will make sure to take lots of photographs (since that is what I do for a living and the reason for my trip) and post them and a review on here when I get a chance. :)

Thanks Aaron for your help.

Michelle

Happy to help!

I certainly love photography, as well - have fun on your trip and let us know what you decide (and if you have further questions.)

This site does have a list of reported PRICELINE wins in each area (although their could be unreported hotels), but if you are still considering PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, you could at least have an idea of what the possibilities might be.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Okay, so if I want to try the Priceline route I just put in my dates, choose my location and the star level and then just name my price right?

So I would put in November 7th through 10, downtown Atlanta, 4 star hotel and a bid of say $55.00. Then fill in all my information and wait to see if it is accepted or not. How long does that generally take? Does it pop up right then and there or will I get an email to let me know?

Yes, you have the PRICELINE concept understood.

After you view a page to confirm the datails you submit your bid (the button will say "Buy My Hotel Room Now") and PRICELINE will then search for your hotel room... if your bid is accepted you'll find on the same screen (in addition to an email being sent) and it will likely take under a minute for you to get an answer.

You do have re-bid zones (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) which you can use to choose a maximum bid and then gradually increase your price using your re-bid zones, but you should read the previously link and confirm your re-bid zones with the board before utilizing them.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) YEA!!!!! I got it!!

I bid $55 on PRICELINE for a 4* in downtown Atlanta for the dates above and got the Hyatt Regency on the first try. Very cool! That makes me very happy, because I was going to go with the HOTWIRE deal for $84 per night for the same hotel. So the cheaper rate will offset the parking fees that I will have to pay. :)

Thanks so much for your help guys!

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Impressive difference between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE; while PRICELINE is usually cheaper, that's a bit more than I would usually expect for the same property. Glad you were able to save enough to cover parking and still get the hotel where you needed to be. :)

Using the site's PRICELINE link is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your stay.

I am surprised as well to the difference in price. But in looking through all the posted wins from PRICELINE on here for downtown Atlanta 4* hotels, I noticed that nearly all were for the Hyatt Regency and the rates were anywhere from $50 to $75 per night. So I figured my chances were better than fair to get a lower rate than what HOTWIRE was offering. And fortunately it worked out well!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]