FL Orlando Radisson LBV

CherylGA
By CherylGA,
in

This hotel was very nice. It is immediately off exit 68 I-4 (turn in at the blue gift souvenir shop or you'll miss the entrance). Our room had 2 queen Sleep Number beds (hint: do not play with the bed to see what happens when it gets to 0!) and a fold out couch in a small sitting area near the window.

Very clean. Great location near the parks. Just one light down and make a left to the Downtown Disney area. The staff was very nice and gave great directions. A few blocks walk to restaurants and a grocery store. And yes, they do have complimentary cookies in the afternoon.

My only complaint is the difficulty of getting in and out of the property. You cannot make a left due to the traffic pattern so must always make a right. Getting back in from that direction involves going under I-4 about half a mile up and making a U turn.

Other than that, a nice hotel that has been coming up at an amazing value.

• 6 months later...

Very nice hotel. Rating of 3.5 is accurate. Other post references traffic problems and I would agree. Very hard to get in and out of, but only one light down from Downtown Disney. We went to the grocery store next door and it was convenient (minus being able to get back into hotel) and overpriced.

Rooms like new. We had 2 queen sleep number beds. First time sleeping on one of those and I can't say I like it very much. Neither did my husband. Nice large flat screen TV on the wall. Also had a pull out sleeper sofa and desk area. The A/C was super cold when it would run. The room temp was hard to regulate with the wall-mounted controls. Shower was SUPER hot. Be careful with kids because their water temp could really burn them. Great for a bath.

Very nice welcome bag when checking in. Included nice ladies razor, tooth paste, men's bath gel, lotions, etc. They will try to get you to go on a time-share activity and offer discounted return tickets and room rates. Just be aware.

No continental breakfast, but we brought items or purchased them at the store. Also, if you are planning on staying here and visiting a Disney park, be aware that they do not adjust their shuttle times for changing theme park hours. We happened to come for Magic Kingdom on a night when the park closed at 7pm. Their shuttle was at 10:45pm. We ended up spending $14 to park at Disney for the day!!! I verified with both front desk personell that their shuttle time would not be changing. Luckily we drove our car, but if you flew in and didn't have a car you would be in trouble.

For the rate we got on hotwire, I would stay there again.

• 2 months later...

The room is beautiful and the sleep number beds are amazing. But other than that, the hotel has inconsistent customer service and a terrible shuttle system. There are only 3 departing and 3 returning and it is so inconvenient. The last departing shuttle leaves at 11:15am so if you check-in that day, you need to pay for an expensive taxi. The last return is 10:45pm for magic kingdom and 9-10 for Hollywood. If you want to watch the fireworks or Fantasmic, these times will not work as it is complete chaos in the park and on the ferry/monorail. So if you will be using shuttle system, you might as well pay a little extra in stay in Disney Downtown Resort area where shuttles run every 30 minutes. On the last day, we used the hotel shuttle system of Downtown Disney (10-15 minute walk) as you can leave and come back when you want. It would be a perfect hotel if they had a better shuttle schedule.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]