SJC San Jose Fullsize Hertz

aquanetta
By aquanetta,
in

I started the bid for a Standard model at $12, then I kept picking a lower model all the way down to Economy while keeping the price at $12. No luck. It kept suggesting $18 (Economy) ~21.

What finally did the trick was: Change return time to half hour earlier + Select Full-Size Car + Increase bid to $20.

My boyfriend didn't believe I could get an economy car for $20 on a weekend, let alone a full-size car for $20.

Your Offer Price: $20.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 3 days(2 days and 20 1/2 hours)

Subtotal: $60.00

Taxes and Fees: $32.46

Total Charges: $92.46

I clicked through the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

What was the drop-off time you originally used and what was the one of your winning bid? I'm thinking that maybe it was late (or very early) and the Hertz rental counter would be closed (or too close to closing for the approrpriate time cushion) and that could explain your previously rejected bids at lower levels?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The original drop off time was 7pm, the new time is 6:30pm. The Hertz website lists their hours as 5am-2am 7 days a week. Maybe they just didn't want to rent a car at $12, seeing how San Jose probably gets a pretty big share of business travelers who are willing to pay more at contracted corporate pricing.

Didn't see that you had increased your bid, thought both bids were at the same price (sorry i missed that info). I'm fiarly certain the difference in bid price is likely the reason for the acceptance, not the 30 minute difference in drop-off time.

Thanks for the additional info.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]