Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Toronto 2.5*East 2*west

trowbridgemom
By trowbridgemom,
in

I just bid on HOTWIRE with the same details as the above poster and it was Embassy Suites Airport Pittsburgh for $59.00 which looks quite nice and has a made-to-order breakfast in the morning and a fridge/microwave etc.

As previously requested, please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that the information can help other users... please include the dates of your stay, price per nite, and amenities shown before your purchase. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Can you please add to your other Hotwire hotel thread the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the Embassy Suites. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

In regards to the Toronto properties above, niether of these have yet been reported to the board. Is there something in particular you're looking for from this stay, as this area is usually fairly inexpensive and you may be able to do better bidding on a higher rated hotel thru PRICELINE for not much more than the prices of the hotels above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My best guess for the 2.5* star is the Isabella Hotel; a number of people have asked for an ID of this hotel, but we have not been able to confirm its identity. The set of amenities for the 2* hotel is a match for the Super 8 Downtown Toronto (previously reported here). As thereuare mentioned, you can often get a 4* hotel through PRICELINE for about the same rate as HOTWIRE is asking for these places; are you looking for something specific?

Thanks for the input.

I'm going away for the weekend with another group who is price sensitive and the two hotels listed included breakfast.

As well, I wanted to be close to the subway and it's hard to tell in the "east" section where you'd end up.

I'm trying a priceline bid for 4* hotels as well - their breakdown of north & south works better for the subway.

It's too bad that if you go 3.5* for PRICELINE you end up with the Delta Chelsea as most reviews would suggest that's pretty generous.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're bidding below 4* and you want to avoid the Delta Chelsea, bid for the Downtown South zone only.

Thanks for all the input. We ended up staying with a friend in Oakville and commuting for the event.

Not knowing about the location and it's proximity to the subway made it too difficult to go ahead and book.

I tried the priceline bids up to $64 but didn't get any bites.

I started with 4* Downtown North$54, added Downtown South for a $60 rebid, added Brampton for another $64 rebid.

At that point I just gave up and went with plan B.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]