Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Universal - Sea World) Renaissance

pomcoach
By pomcoach,
in

Well, finally successful! I already have a room for 7 nts. for Christmastime for $69 at this same hotel from 12/17 to 12/24/'04. But as I've said before, the teen girls like to stay up all night doing facials and gabbing :) :) . So we parents really wanted to sleep some on this vacation, so wanted a separate room :D :o .

We are arriving with the teens really late at night on Dec. 17th, so my husband didn't want to spend the money on that first night, since we hope the girls will be tired and fall asleep after the long flight from Iowa!

Here's my bidding history:

Tried 4* for Univ./SW 12/18-12/24 up to $89 =rejected

Started a completely new bid with new dates.

Tried 4* for 12/19-12/24 crawling from $90-$95, adding free rebids.

At the $95 bid, it was very weird, it said it kept checking for 25 minutes.

I thought for sure I'd gotten it. Then it came back saying something wrong with my Credit card. Weird! Nothing wrong on all the other bids! So they made me fill out C.C. stuff again. I put in 4* Univ./SW again at $95=Accepted

The lowest reg. rate found on the Renaissance website for my dates is AAA $143 for every night.

So now we will have a 5 day break from the girls, so we can get some sleep before tromping all day in the parks!

It all worked out, just had to pay a bit much for it!

Oh, I did go back and try to add the Saturday night (12/18 , but they said No Availability.

I tried bidding $95 for it too, but was rejected. I suspect either they do not want me for just one night, or it is a Saturday check-in problem.

We are very happy with the 5 nights apart from the Teens! :)

Hope this post helps others.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]