Priceline Hotel: Resort Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Marriott

mvbentley
By mvbentley,
in

LoisW,

Please follow-up your existing Hotwire Kauai thread and share your results wtih the board so that your win can help others... just as the wins of others help you with your own purchase.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
LoisW,

Please follow-up your existing Hotwire Kauai thread and share your results wtih the board so that your win can help others... just as the wins of others help you with your own purchase.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hi Can you please post how did it go for you in terms of room? I am planning to bid after i read some experience and hopefully will get the same hotel. Thanks,

I won the Marriott Kauai for a trip I had this past January. I definitely got the Priceline Punishment. My room was very dated-the only thing nice was the bedding! My view was of a roof and a concrete berm. I couldn't even tell if the sun was out or not. Later, just out of curiosity I asked the front desk how full the hotel was..since it seemed DESERTED...and the staff hemmed and hawed and finally said 60% full. I did not make a big deal since I was only there for a couple days, I do like the pool, the location, and the beach....but I do think it was a STINKER of a room-especially since the occupancy was so low. Not a good way to make friends IMO! However, on the Big Island Marriott Waikoloa I got a beautiful upgraded room without asking and I got that one on Priceline too! I do feel Karma came my way when the Marriott Kauai forgot to charge me for parking/resort fee....but then again maybe they do not charge it anymore!

• 4 months later...

Been awhile, but haven't been back to this website... hopefully this helps someone.

We liked the Marriott in Lihue. The pool is very nice, there are several good restaurants close-by, the grounds are gorgeous, and there are several interesting walks around the area if you are into local Hawaiian "charm" as Lihue is a real Hawaiian town with locals living and working very close by the hotel & hanging around everywhere for easy insider information access. Our room was fine... nothing very special but clean and comfortable. We had 4 nights there followed by 5 nights in a Princeville condo and then returned to the sunny side for a couple nights at the Hyatt in Poipu.

Now, the Hyatt is a fabulous hotel (and is priced accordingly, but carries the same rating on Priceline) with several outstanding service touches and is much more of a destination resort. The rooms were fantastic. The pools were amazing; there are numerous smaller pools on different tiers, the highest level reserved for adults only. All are connected by slightly flowing and swimmable channels. At beach level is a huge saltwater pool with a sandy bottom and poolside areas, the lagoon. The beach just beyond is world class.

Couple notes:

1) It was great to get to the Island and be a 5 minute cab ride from the hotel to chill out for a while. Also enjoyed not having a car during that time.

2) If you are ever unhappy with your room, ALWAYS do the following:

Tell the bellman that you're REALLY unhappy with the room (he'll already be prepared for that... he knows which rooms suck)

Apologize for being a pain in his butt, and that you're all going to have to go back to the front desk to get a different room assignment.

Don't leave anything behind or touch anything in the room... they need to know that you have no intention of going back there AND that it is still totally clean.

Give him ten bucks and ask him if it would be more productive for you or he to talk to the clerk. If he says that one of the clerks is his friend flip him another ten for the clerk, stand back a step or two (but not too far) from the desk while they talk, and enjoy your upgrade. If he says that you should take that up with the clerk, go with plan B and tell the clerk that it's your honeymoon.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]