MCO Orlando Fullsize National

taliategan
By taliategan,
in

I need an 8 day rental in mid-January (16th thru 24th); currently have a reservation for a mid-size car through Budget at $363 which I made a month ago, and at that time HOTWIRE was basically the same price; recently noticed that HOTWIRE now has as a price at $ 263 (or about $ 23.00 a day); I thought this might be a good time to bid on Priceline (although since I am 3 months from travel, I am a bit concerned an Airline may change a flight time); I tried some bids unsuccessfully on PRICELINE over the weekend between $10 and $ 15 (Priceline was recommending I bid in the $18 to $ 21 range, depending on the size of car and date I was bidding); a $ 15.00 dollar bid would have taken me to around $ 200 total; I have not obtained a car rental on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE before and was not really expecting to get a good deal until about a month to 2 weeks before travel; any recommendations on whether I should wait until shortly before travel or increase my bids on Priceline at this time until I get up to the Hotwire Price; is it common to get a good price on a car this far before your travel date?

If a car directly thru the rental companies is still the same $363 i would increase your PRICELINE bid up until the HOTWIRE price and then take the HOTWIRE rate.

Could the price go down between now and then... sure it can. But based upon current rates you're looking at a $100+ savings, which would be enough for me to act and be happy with the deal i received.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Update - bid on Priceline last night up $ 18 (or approx $224.00) total, and not accepted. The Hotwire Price had rose to $ 282.00 yesterday, but when I check this morning it was down to $ 237.00. I re-checked Budget and the price for Intermediate Car had dropped from $ 363.00 to $ 257.00. I made new reservation with Budget, and canceled the previous one. I am still hoping to get in the $ 200.00 range and/or change the car from intermediate to standard or full-size. Budget prices for cars larger than an intermediate were in the neighborhood of $ 400.00 and higher. I will still monitor prices, and if possible make the purchase through this sites links to PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

• 1 month later...

Obtained through HOTWIRE - 8 day rental @ $14.00 day ($177.57 total) for full size car, for 1/16 through 1/24 at MCO, with National. This was the first time I saw rates drop for standard or full-size cars closer to mid-size car rates, so I made the purchase (probably should have checked PRICELINE first). The rates for both standard and full-size were listed as $ 16.00 a day, but when I clicked the continue button for full-size - there was a notation that rate dropped from $ 16.00 to $ 14.00. I decided to make the purchase at that point. I previously had a reservation with Dollar for $ 195.00 total, on mid-size or larger (Dollar's Lock N Go Category). This full-size should meets are needs better, with 2 adults and 2 kids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]