Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (White House-Downtown) Doubletree Washington

crowhollow
By crowhollow,
in

Is there any way of maximizing my chance of getting the Bethesda Hyatt Regency when bidding in the Bethesda-South Rockville zone for a 3.5* hotel for Nov. 2-4? I am interested in the hotel because of its proximity to the metro subway station, as I won't have a car. It appears there are six 3.5* hotels included on the posted list of Priceline hotels for Bethesda-S. Rockville zone. However,Hyatt Regency seems to appear frequently in the list of winning bids. Also, I don't see a Priceline zone identified spefically as Bethesda-S. Rockville, though that is how the winning bids are identified in this forum?

Thank you.

With PRICELINE there is no way to target a specific property... you could receive any 3.5* hotel (or higher) in the zone that you bid.

If you're trying to target a specific property, HOTWIRE can often be a better option, as you can take an educated guess as to the hotel you may received based upon the amenities shown to be associated with the property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I was just in Bethesda and DC for the week of October 5-9, 2009, and all of the hotels were sold out. My office reserved a room at the Marriott Residence for October 7 and 8 which is across the street from the Bethesda Metro Elevator, and the rate was $259 per night. My stay was extended, and I needed to stay on October 5 & 6 in addition to the 7th and 8th. No rooms were available. Every room was booked.

I then rented a room in a different hotel on the 5th and 6th, and then tried to extend my stay for the 7th and 8th at that hotel, and every room was sold out. I ended up staying in one hotel for the 5th and 6th, the Marriott Residence on Wisconsin on the 7th and 8th, and then the Hyatt Regency for $45 on Friday, October 9th.

On PRICELINE I bid $170 for a 3* and 3.5* hotels in Bethesda, MD for October 5th, 6th, and the 5th and 6th together, and I could not get a room. After bidding at $170, and not getting a room, I realized that I was not going to get a room in Bethesda during the work week through PRICELINE. On Friday night I was able to stay at the Hyatt for $45.

If you need to be near the Red Line Metro, and it is during the work week, consider bidding for Dupont Circle. All of the 3*, 3.5* and 4* hotels are near the Dupont or Woodley Park metro which is about 6 or 7 stops south of Bethesda on the same line.

Based on my experience in bidding during the work week, I would not expect to receive the Hyatt because the Hyatt could be sold out.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear the board was helpful with your bidding and it appears that you're happy with the results... hope this works well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]