Priceline Hotel: 2* Phoenix (Mesa) Extended StayAmerica Mesa

AZ Resort Hunter
By AZ Resort Hunter,
in

How embarassing - posting this so everyone else can learn from my mistake! :)

Tried to get as close to Usery Pass in Mesa as possible. Apache Junction would be fine however they only have 2 star places listed on PRICELINE (hello Gold Canyon - get yourself listed please!). After countless combinations trying to get at least a 3 star in Mesa or Apache Junction I got frustrated and pressed for time. Waited a day and tried the gammet again - no soap - so in a moment of last resort when for the 2 star. No dice at $30 and finally Extended Stay bit at $35.

Problem is that the Extended stay turned out to be a total dive. Even Adam the front desk person's super excellent friendly service could not make up for this dismal property. Rock hard loud squeaky beds made for 2 restless nights. DO NOT stay here.

My advise is DO NOT drop down to 2 star on PRICELINE - not even in Mesa, AZ. Be more patient (see my next post in which I got the Marriott 3 star for $6 more later in the week) and wait for 3 star inventory to be posted (or just pay more to ensure you get good sleep).

I did not even want to post this because I had to pay relatively high price for a 2 star and then turned out to be a bad place - I fugured however that a little embarassment on my part might save others a bad experience. So please learn from me - if PRICELINE has no inventory at the star level you want, just wait it out or pay more elsewhere!

Happy Hunting! :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay, but thank you for sharing your results and experience with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays are more pleasant.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]