Priceline Hotel: 3* LA-San Fernando Valley (Burbank-Universal City-Glendale) Hilton

sgaz
By sgaz,
in

I would appreciate any suggestions (just my second time using Priceline). I am looking for a 3* Burbank Airport Hotel, 1 room 10/11 - 10/12. I am prepared to open bid in the $40 range. Any suggestions would be helpful. I don't really know the area, but it looks like I need to select "Universal City-Glendale" as the area to be closest to the airport. I will use the PRICELINE link on this site.

Thanks so much.

Cool... I took your advice and called. They do have rooms available for 10/11. So, I will keep my fingers crossed and go ahead and book. Of course, I will post my results. The way the hotel operator described the area it sounded like a pretty good place and area to stay in.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

I'd caution against expecting a specific hotel. While the Hilton may be the most frequently won in this zone, there are at least four 3* rated hotels, and you can receive any one of them (or another not yet reported to the board)

If you'd like a more specific bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just booked thru PRICELINE (Yes. I used the link)

Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale (this hotel is 8 miles from BUR airport with complimentary shuttle)

1st bid was accepted

$45 plus tax $12.70 total = $57.70

Hotel website rate is $189 before taxes.

Very pleased with the site (Priceline of course and Betterbidding for the very useful info)

Thanks. Yes. I learned that on my first time bidding while trying to get the same hotel as my friend. (It still worked out... I got a great 3* hotel that fit my needs for a great price. Who can complain.)

This time around though it turned out to be the Hilton.

I started a new topic (hope that was correct) so that the format of the post would be useful to others.

Thanks again.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans. Even better is that you learned a little in this experience which will result in better bidding (pun intended :) ) in the future.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yea well I live in hotels off priceline pricebreaker & have been getting the Hilton for about 2 weeks now when it sells out the holiday inn smacks for the same price it's actually a nice holiday inn and you can upgrade your room for free ... But like I said I got that when the holiday in sold out ... Also I've been living in these pricebreaker rooms since it started alot of the hotels change seasonally... It's allways the Hilton I

so tired of that hotel I'd rather get the holiday inn!! B

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. Just returned from our trip. The Hilton is nice. Clean, modern. What you would expect from Hilton. The hotel shuttle is helpful since the hotel really is not that close to the airport. However, the shuttle service is super slow. Be warned.

Also, after getting a great rate it is possible to be nickel'd and dimed into poverty dealing with this hotel. (e.g. fees for use of the in room fridge). In fairness, I think this is the way things are at many hotels. They would have tried to nickel and dime me even if I paid rack rate for the room. (It's just the way it is.)

Overall... a decent stay, but I will not be disappointed if I get to try the Holiday Inn next time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]