Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Hilton Wshngton

JTravel
By JTravel,
in

Actually I am also looking for a hotel to stay 12/30-12/31 (I am returing from NYC trip to my home Atlanta by car). Since I will be a little bit tired after the NYC trip, I want to stay in a comfortable place to look around D.C. including Whilte House and enjoy some night life. According to above comments, Dupont Circle - Woodley Park Area is the best choice for me. Could anybody recomment a reasonable price to bid on the PL 3* or 4* hotel.

Prevailing rates are quite low for that date. You could book direct with just about any of the 3* hotels that have come up in that zone for $89. For a 3* bid on Priceline then, I would start at $45 and add $5 with your free rebid (Springfield).

For a 4*, I would start at $65 and add $3 with each of your 5 free rebids.

I won 3* Hilton Washington at Dupont area.

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

1919 Connecticut Ave Northwest

Washington, District Of Columbia 20009

202-483-3000

Check-In Date: Thu, Dec 30, 2004

Check-Out Date: Fri, Dec 31, 2004

Your Offer Price: $42.00

Number of Rooms/Nights: 1 / 1

Subtotal: $42.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $13.05

Total Charges: $55.05

I don't mind paying parking fee.

Here is my bidding history.

First I tried 4* at Dupont and White House with $45: failed.

Then add Springfield area and raise to $48: no hope.

I decided to add 3* hotels.

I tried 3* at Dupont with $40, no chance but I've got couteroffer

to add $17, but turned it down.

I started from the beginning 3* at Dupont with $42, and I got it.

Thanks for giving me a good strategy.

Could anybody tell me how good is this hotel?

Congratulations on your win.

I believe this hotel used to be called the Hilton Hotel and Towers, apparently they have changed their name th the Hilton Washington Hotel.

REVIEWS seem a bit mixed, but maybe TG can offer a bit more first hand insight.

At $42 for a Hilton i'm sure you'll get your money's worth! :)

Please feel free to add your own comments to our HOTEL REVIEW section upon your return. If you have a digital camera you could also take some pictures of the property and room and post them at our sister site RealHotelPhotos.com

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a large convention sytle hotel with a good location. Their web site has pictures and should give you some idea (although they're not up to realhotelphotos.com standards :) ). There are more interesting Priceline 3* hotels in that zone, but this should meet your requirements just fine. I would be very pleased with this deal.

Time Out has a good, concise online guide to DC you might want to check out. For nightlife, Washington City Paper is the place to look to find out who/what is playing where. Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]