Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) Hyatt

spiky30
By spiky30,
in

Hello,

I'm searching for a hotel for Maui from 11th-19th November. I know the my re-bid zones are Kahalui and Kihei. The purpose would be to get the best hotel available over PRICELINE, any recommodations for an according bidding strategy? Would you prefer either Kanapali or Wailea-Makena? The budget is not limited, it just should be a good deal.

I'm also searching for a hotel on Big Island for 19th-26th November. I found the re-bid zone Hilo.

Would you recommend to try to get a resort in Kona or better in Waikoloa?

what would be the strategy?

kind regards spiky

Please only post one destination per thread as it makes it easier to keep things organized and not confuse the discussions for the two stay. We'll use this thread for your Maui trip, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the Big Island leg of your stay.

For Maui, what star rating are you seeking?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The budget is not limited, it just should be a good deal.
I guess there's only one 4* available and this will be too expensive...

So there is some type of budget... please give us a ballpark figure as to how high you'd like to bid at this point in time so we make sure we don't suggested a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay.

Also, Resorts are considered higher rated than 4* properties, so it's not relly possible that a 4* would be 'too expenisve' while a Resort wouldn't be... the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so if you bid 4* and it wasn't enough for a 4 star hotel, but was enough for a Resort, you would be upgraded and be given the Resort class property.

I've never been to Maui :) (only Oahu and Kauai) so i'm not really too familiar with each zone, and while both (Kaanapali-Lahaina) and (Wailea-Makena) are bid fairly frienquenly, i think the Kaanapali zone is a bit more popular... but Wailea a bit less expensive.

Let us know the info above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The goal is to stay under 100$/n, but I'm prepared to go higher if I can't get a room for that price. I don't want to lower the star level.

Looking at the recent winnings, I guess it's more likely to get a hotel in the Wailea area, I'm fine with that.

Based on your experience, would it be helpful to split the stay, e.g. 4nights/4nights ?

regards spiky

Also, Resorts are considered higher rated than 4* properties, so it's not relly possible that a 4* would be 'too expenisve' while a Resort wouldn't be... the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so if you bid 4* and it wasn't enough for a 4 star hotel, but was enough for a Resort, you would be upgraded and be given the Resort class property.
I don't want to lower the star level.

I'm not certain of your desired star rating... are 4* or Resort properties both acceptable? Did you want to try for a Resort class properties first up to your limit and then if rejected a 4*... or didyou want to try for a 4* or better rated hotel at the lowest price?

Hi,

I guess in Maui there's the special case that theres only one 4* propertiy and thats expensive. If I search for a 4* hotel via priceline (without bidding), they offer only one (Wailea Beach Villas) for 840$ pN. If I would get that hotel or a resort for my budget (if possible under 100$/night) I would be happy.

BTW, I think it's unrealistic to get the 840$ hotel for a bid of 100$ so adding the 4* level is just another possibility for a re-bid, or?

regards

spiky

If I search for a 4* hotel via priceline (without bidding), they offer only one (Wailea Beach Villas) for 840$ pN. If I would get that hotel or a resort for my budget (if possible under 100$/night) I would be happy.
See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding using the 'retail' version of PRICELINE to determine what you will get when bidding.
BTW, I think it's unrealistic to get the 840$ hotel for a bid of 100$ so adding the 4* level is just another possibility for a re-bid, or?
It's likely unrealistic, but the premise is flawed as per the link above, as there could be other 4* hotels not offered thru the "retail" side of PRICELINE. Unless you're out of time and re-bids, i don't recommend adding 'live' zones (or star levels) unless you're willing to accept a hotel at that star level or zone.. since you have plenty of time, why take an unncessary risk? (i'm conservative that way) However, if you're willing to accept a 4* hotel (not necessarily the one priced at $800+) then it's a different story.

So it's up to you if you'd like to try for a Resort only, 4* or above... or try for a Resort up to your limit and then a 4* up to your limit if the resort bids are rejected.

Hi,

my bid for a resort has just been accepted: (of course I used your PRICELINE link)

Hyatt Regency Maui Resort

Ka'anapali - Lahaina

200 Nohea Kai Dr

Lahaina Maui, Hawaii 96761

808-661-1234

Check-In Date:

Wed, Nov 11, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Thu, Nov 19, 2009 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $114.00

Subtotal: $912.00

Taxes & Fees: $137.76

Total Charges*: $1,049.76

cheapest rate on Hyatt Regency-website: $1976+tax

I started with the bid of 75$, then 80$ and so on, starting at 100$ with smaller steps (2-3$).

I also used the 4* level as a second allowed star level and finally, when I selected all 4 zones, the bid 114$ has been accepted.

I'm very happy with the result, I hoped to get this resort :-)

kind regards and thank you very much for your support.

finally, I booked now 4 hotels and two rental cars for my upcoming 3 week-trip in November, everything using PRICELINE and your excellent bidding strategy, saving a lot of money!

spiky

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that the information on the board was helpful with your purhcase. Nice to see that you did well on your purchases, are happy with the results, and saved some money.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]