Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Raleigh-Durham (Research Triangle Park) Sheraton Imperial

yakima2k
By yakima2k,
in

Attending a seminar in Chapel Hill this weekend, came to Priceline looking to get either 4* Carolina Inn or Siena, but I guess since it's a football weekend they are all booked up because I went as high as $105 and couldn't get a room, adding RTP, Cary and Airport as I went, since they all only had 3* hotels.

Decided to add a 3.5* to the request to see if I could get the Sheraton in Chapel Hill, which is precisely where my seminar is located. RTP, Cary and Airport were all still included - I thought I was safe based on our lists here (you can see where this is headed).

Bumped the request back down to $75 thinking that was a good place to start on a busy weekend.

Got a hit for a Sheraton, but it was the 3* Sheraton Imperial in RTP that is now apparently a 3.5* in Priceline. I think my $75 bid there is almost full price :) !

So, I've paid nearly full price and I get to commute to the seminar. First time I've gotten burned with PRICELINE in a long time.

Sorry to hear you're disapointed with the results and you received a hotel you weren't expecting.

In retrospect when you lowered your star rating it would have been better to 'wipe the slate clean' by starting the bid in a new browser so that only the zone you wanted was selected. As we often say, you need to doubelcheck your re-bid zones before every bidding cycle and use the technique(s) in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determine your re-bid zones (not the hotel lits here). If you have any questions regarding the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link feel free to ask so that it can help in your future bidding.

Fortunately it's only a one nite stay and you have a car... could aways be worse! :)

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]