Priceline Hotel: 5* Barcelona (Airport) Hesperia Tower

MadFlyer
By MadFlyer,
in

"Congratulations, your price of $73 was accepted by Hesperia Tower. You've saved even more with your $100 Bonus Cash!"

Won on first bid, but had researched pretty well. 5 rooms.

I used the PRICELINE link.

Have tried 5* Ramblas to $150 and even 4* Ramblas up to $120 with no luck the past two weeks.

While we miss their last transfer from the airport at 20:40, I have booked a transfer for 16 people for just 100 euros.

I am using their travelzoo offer for additional rooms as it includes breakfast and minibar and we can gaurantee two beds in rooms.

I have understood that nothing is included at this hotel when booking priceline rooms. Does anybody have information?

While I could get the Renaissance for around $5 less they have too many rooms with just one queen bed and can not take the risk.

Hesperia Tower

Llobregat - Barcelona Airport (BCN)

Mare De Deu De Bellvitge S/N

Barcelona, Spain

34 93 4135000

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$73.00

Subtotal: US$365.00

Taxes & Fees: US$50.95

Total Charges: US$415.95

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results, and while not your first choice of zone, you can make this work for your needs.

Given the size of your group, i'd contact the hotel to see if they'll send the shuttle "after hours"... they may be willing to to do it for free, or for an additional fee, since they have they obviously have a shuttle available and may do it for a group of 16. If they first say 'no', i'd even offer to pay (as well as mention a NICE tip for the driver... all companies like to keep their employees happy) as it would likely be less than 100EUR.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations, your price of $93 was accepted by Hesperia Tower. 4 rooms.

Bid 1: $88 not accepted no offer

Bid 2: $91 not accepted no offer

Bid 3: $93 accepted, Hesperia Tower

Used PRICELINE link.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: US$93.00

Subtotal: US$372.00

Taxes & Fees: US$42.12

Total Charges: US$414.12

Travelzoo offer which included breakfast and mini-bar, Promo code TRZMAX3, was not available after I booked my last 5 rooms so I booked 4 more with Priceline, for a total of 9 rooms currently, and end up with an average of 62.50 euro per room for a 5*(?) in Barcelona. That is less than what a 2 star costs in the city center.

Now will be fun trying to get 6 of 9 rooms with 2 beds from them, but at least they appear to be a 2 twin or all king hotel.

I am sure the driver would aggree with you, but when I approached this property about booking the entire group direct a few weeks ago, they refused to go below 130 euros and would not discuss extending the bus transfer.

Glad to see you were able to get additional rooms at the same property.

Sorry to hear the hotel isn't willing to work with you regarding the shuttle, but i'd at least offer as a separate fee (the other way it's combined with the room rate, and a 'freebie' sort of speak, whereas i'd offer a separate payment (offer cash) that the hotel and/or driver may be able to split)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have two bids for 5 rooms and then for 4 rooms accepted. When I went in to make a new bid for 2 rooms at the 4* (hopefully Renaissance) I received the following message:

"Our records indicate that you already have two reservations for the same requested itinerary. For your protection and security, this is the maximum number of reservations that priceline will allow for the same itinerary. Enjoy your stay!"

While I actually understand this from a security standpoint, I was not aware that you could only have 2 "wins" for any given itinerary. Good to know for future planning.

I have two bids for 5 rooms and then for 4 rooms accepted. When I went in to make a new bid for 2 rooms at the 4* (hopefully Renaissance) I received the following message:

"Our records indicate that you already have two reservations for the same requested itinerary. For your protection and security, this is the maximum number of reservations that priceline will allow for the same itinerary. Enjoy your stay!"

While I actually understand this from a security standpoint, I was not aware that you could only have 2 "wins" for any given itinerary. Good to know for future planning.

Yes, I am often booking additional rooms when everyone hears what good deals I get, but had no idea that this could happen. Always a learning process.

I may try getting a new account and see how that goes. Alternatively, register one of the others that are going and have them book. thanks,as always, for your help.

Just thought I would add that I tried for the 14th and it let me bid. When I tried for 2 nights, the 14th and 15th I got the same message:

So they do not even allow more than 2 reservations now, even when you change the variables and it includes a night where you have 2 reservations.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]