Priceline e-mailed me to bid again

rockymountains
By rockymountains,
in

I got an e-mail from Priceline to "Try Again" with my bid of $18 on a rental car, since it's been more than one day since I last bid. That's not true, I last bid about 14 hours ago. When I tried again, it rejected me for the same reason, less than 24 hours.

Are these e-mails just marketing tactics, or is somebody willing to accept $18 if I bid again?

Just a glitch that the email was sent out too early... or if perhaps you bid 2 days ago and then again yesterday, perhaps this was sent based upon the 2 day ago bid, and the system didnt' 'catch' that you had bid again in the interim.

HOWEVER, please do not use the links in the emails that PRICELINE sends out (as they overwrite our own referal :) ) ... please return t the board and use our PRICELINE links here to try your bid again.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

What is the answer to his question (Is someone willing to accept this price and that is why I got the email)?

Does priceline just sent these emails all the time, or do they send them when someone is willing to accept your bid?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]