Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

We have not had a property reported to the board with this exact amenity combination, but it is very close to the Hilton Kauai which has only been reported to the board once (about a year ago) so it's entirely possible the amenities have changed since then and this may be the property you're seeing above. The Marriott would be another option among the possibilities which also seems to fit the amenities above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE/HOTWIRE customers are given a regular room - they are not eligible for upgrades. While there have been some instances of hotels giving people subpar/substandard rooms (although reports of that are fairly rare on this site, it would seem to me), one can also ask to be moved if there's something really wrong.

Saying that PRICELINE/HOTWIRE customers across the board get the worst rooms is quite far from the truth - there's occasional stories about users who have "lucked out" and gotten some really nice rooms.

I have never felt as if I was given a subpar room w/a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE reservation. I've stayed at some hotels I thought were subpar, but never felt I was given a subpar room.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

A property with this combination has not yet been reported to the board... not sure if you're looking for something in particular for this stay, but the Tripadvisor user review rating is excellent, so i wouldn't worry too much about quality or the hotel not living up to its star rating in this instance.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to try PRICELINE instead of going with HOTWIRE. I won the Marriott @ $110 from 11/12/09-11/14/09. At first I was pleased but then went onto the Marriott's website and checked my confirmation. My confirmation shows a NO VIEW, NO BALCONY and no windows that open room. Their website doesn't even list a room in that category. I have read other posts on this site about getting terrible rooms at this Marriott after using Priceline. I have emailed the Marriott asking for a room with a king bed and a balcony but they said (of course) that they can just put in the request. I will post another message after we have stayed at the Marriott next month.

Thank you for the follow-up and sharing your results with the board.

I suspect all will go fine... expect a "standard" room and anything about that will be a bonus. If you're not satisfied with the room assigned (within reason... you cant' expect a balcony and oceanview if there are other rooms classes offered at the property) ask nicely for a different room and what it is that you're looking for. The hotel will likely try to accomodate, and if important enough to you, offer to pay for an upgrade (even another $20-$30/nite would bring you in much lower than the current $249/nite asking price at their website)

• 3 weeks later...
I decided to try Priceline instead of going with Hotwire. I won the Marriott @ $110 from 11/12/09-11/14/09. At first I was pleased but then went onto the Marriott's website and checked my confirmation. My confirmation shows a NO VIEW, NO BALCONY and no windows that open room. Their website doesn't even list a room in that category. I have read other posts on this site about getting terrible rooms at this Marriott after using Priceline. I have emailed the Marriott asking for a room with a king bed and a balcony but they said (of course) that they can just put in the request. I will post another message after we have stayed at the Marriott next month.

Hi Can you please post how did it go for you in terms of room? I am planning to bid after i read some experience and hopefully will get the same hotel. Thanks,

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]