Priceline Hotel: 3* Richmond (West End) Holiday Inn Crossroads

graphicaluser
By graphicaluser,
in

Hi,

I will be moving to Richmond,VA this weekend, and I am looking for a 3* and up hotel and my budget is btwn $40-$50. my stay wud b from 10/10 - 10/17(dates are fixed). I havent started bidding yet, but i m doing my homework, by reading the tips/tricks on the site & threads. my question is does a week's stay affect the bid or the star level of the hotel. how does PRICELINE work if u plan stay for this long in a hotel.

any inputs wub be appreciated.

Thanks,

G

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The star rating is independent of your stay... it is assigned to the hotel (subject to changed based upon PRICELINE review and user feedback).

A longer stay won't help your bidding... it will either have a negative effect or no effect. If there is a rate change during your stay is may will likely require a higher bid to be accepted than if you were bidding on dates were the entire length of stay had the lower rated. See SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for more information on this subject and feel free to ask any additional questions you have.

If/when you're ready to bid let us know and we'll try to advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok, I tried & cudnt get thru thrice. I first tried with $38, and 4* (i knew this wudnt go thru, but tried) that was rejected, today after 24 hrs, i tried with $45 with 4*, included a zone which had 3* and less=rejected, then at same price included a 3rd zone this time i went down to 3-1/2* still rejected. tomorrow i will try with the same zones with 3* and $45, will keep you guys posted. I thought of splitting the bid, the problem, is that I am moving to Richmond area, so I have too much stuff with me, and it will be a big hassle for me to move between hotels. So I dont want to do that. Let me know any suggestions on my chances of getting a 3* hotel for 45$.

Thanks,

G

Hi,

Well my bid was accepted @ 45 for 3*

Holiday Inn

Richmond West End

2000 Staples Mill Road

Richmond, Virginia 23230

I have one issue now. This hotel doesn't provide free breakfast in the morning. I mean I m staying in a 2* Ramada Inn(booked @ 40$/night) right now, and even they provide me with a hearty morning breakfast, and over here i m paying $45/night, and its a 3* hotel, and I have to pay from my pocket to get some breakfast. thts ridiculous. do you think I can call priceline help center, and they can change my reservation, or give me some "hot dollars" for this problem.

I will post my review of Holiday Inn after my stay with them is over.

G

Not to be unkind, but most 3* hotels do not include breakfast. 2.5* hotels are more likely to, such as the Holiday Inn Express, Residence Inn, Hyatt Place/Amerisuites and so on. Sorry your hotel doesn't; perhaps you should visit the grocery and buy some pastries and have them with coffee...??

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Priceline doesn't guarnatee a complimentary breakfast so i don't think you have any grounds for compensation or a change of properties, as the deep discounts received thru the opaque providers is for those who are flexible in their plans. If you need a hotel with breakfast included in the price then in the future use HOTWIRE and choose a hotel that shows the Complimentary Breakfast amenity icon.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]