Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) Luxor

vitasoy1437
By vitasoy1437,
in

Hi, looking for a room for one night on 11/7. I want to get get room 4* (or more) preferably on the strip and near MGM Grand. Room rates on PRICELINE is around $150 for places like Luxor / Monte Carlo. The Signature at MGM seems to be pretty cheap too at 159/night.

My max bid would probably be $120 for the room. I also looked up HOTWIRE, and lowest is $102 for a room near strip south (might be Luxor?), but i think i'll stick with priceline for now. Please advise how i should start. Thank you.

Hi, this is a separate trip. =)

Given that stay is 2 weeks prior to this one, have you made any plans for that trip yet?

Please follow-up that thread with any decisions you have made or what your current thoughts are for that trip.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming that the Westin, which is located in the South Strip zone, but not on the Strip, is an acceptable outcome?

If so, with time on your side, i would start with the following:

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

24 hours after your last rejected bid:

Select 4* South Strip...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* South Strip and re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120

Which will take you to your stated maximum bid.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes, just re-access PRICELINE (thru our link please :) ) and resume your bidding where you left off.

If you use our search box on the top right corner of the page, if you're then taken to the 'retail' section again as you were above, you can then simply return here, click the GO button again (since all your city, dates, etc will still be in the search box) and it will all be propogated for you, saving you some time re-entering the info.

Good luck.

Awwl... the thing i dun want happened! got accepted by Luxor for $115 (plus tax/fees $137) :)

haha.. well.. anyways, i guess that's 1 down side (and the surprising part) of priceline, you never know what you are going to get! I hope my expectation is so low that the actual room would be above my expectation, coz I have been avoiding Luxor because of the bad reviews and low ratings I see everywhere.

And I just checked PL again for the rates, and the rate for luxor has went down quite a bit from be4!!! OMG......

Just wondering, what are the taxes / fees if I bought the Luxor room directly instead of bidding for it?

Sorry to hear you received a hotel that you were hoping to avoid.

You can check the hotel direct rates at the Luxor website to see how much a direct purchase would have cost.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than you expect and that your luck is better once you arrive in Vegas :)

Hi, thanks.

I checked, and my rate is pretty much the same or maybe a little more expensive than direct from hotel. :)

It's not easy for me, since I am only able to go during weekends, which for sure affect greatly on the outcome!!!

I hope my expectation is so low that the place actually meets it. haha

Thanks, and I'll will come again... probably for another LV trip in thanksgiving.. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]