Priceline Hotel: NYC for xmas

sgkong
By sgkong,
in

Hi,

I'm going to NYC for Christmas (23-28 december) and again in January 6-9 december (going to Barbados in between). I guess the Christmas period is the most expensive, so for that part I trying to find some relatively cheap in either Chelsea or Soho. I would prefer not to stay in Downtown south of Soho. But as I see it there is only one 2* hotel i the downtown and soho area and the Gem Soho looks like a great place for me and close to east village. My budget is 100-150 (ex taxes) (and the lower the better of course). Do you think this i doable? And what would the best strategy be?

For my return (6-9 January 2010), I would like to give my boyfriend a really nice hotel as part of his 30th b-day. I would prefer a hotel in central park south and my budget for the is 150-180 (ex tax). Do you think this could happen? And how would you go about this?

Thans for a great forum.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use separate threads for each stay... we'll use this thread for your 12/23-12/28 stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for your January stay.

The time leading up to the holiday is usually very expensive in NYC, but prices drop pretty quickly come mid-December and i think rates are fairly reasonable (relatively speaking) for your December dates and i think you can do better than a 2* hotel in Downtown Manhattan. But first...

While The Gem may be the only 2* hotel reported to the board in this zone, it's likely that there are others. We often don't recommend bidding below 3* in NYC, as while there may be some 2* properties which are acceptable, there are likely some which are not, and with PRICELINE you don't get to choose which type you will get.

I suspect you can probably get a 3.5* hotel in mone of the midtown zones for this leg of your stay... is this something of interest, or given the above, how would you like to proceed.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purcheases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your explanation. And good thing I asked before bidding on the 2* in downtown. Now I will definitely like to go with a 3.5* hotel in midtown. For my plans MTE and CPS sounds like the most interesting - Not too touristy but still close to everything. Is that correct?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purcheases.

If you want to try for a 3.5* hotel with a $150 maximum bid i'd begin as follows:

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* CPS...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS and MTE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS and MTE and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS and MTE and re-bid zone3...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* CPS and MTE and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE has a 3.5* in MTC for $149 for 12/23-28. If you've gone up to $145 via PRICELINE, this may be worth considering. It's likely the Sheraton Manhattan.

I also see a 4* in MTE for $149 (likely either the Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental Barclay), but for 12/23-25 only. You would then have to move for 12/25-28 (there is a 3.5* in MTC for $154.) This would cost a couple of dollars more and require a move, but it would offer stays at hotels that may be more appealing than the Sheraton.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm going to New York for Christmas and I have been looking for a hotel for some time. Both on priceline and hotwire. I just noticed that Hotwire has an offer for a 3* hotel in Empire State Building area for 114 dollars. I just can't figure out which on it is. Maybe someone could help?

Amenities:

Boutique, Non-smoking, Complimentary Breakfast and Internet. It has a recommendation rate of 70%.

I would really appreciate the help.

/S

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... if you ultmatiely use HOTWIRE we'll move the entire thread to that section of the board.

Unfortuantely this porperty has not yet been reproted or identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Ok. No problem. And thanks. Too bad I don't know which hotel it is.

I found another hotel on hotwire that might be interesting:

3* in Chelsea - MSG: Fitness, Restaurant, Business and Internet with a 85% recommendation.

I think it's either: 3* Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea or 3* Holiday Inn Sixth Avenue. But does anyone know which one has a 85 % recommendation?

Thanks

/S

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]