Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Benjamin

1peterj
By 1peterj,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is there a reason you're avoiding MTE, ESB, or CPS? These are generally all considered centrally located, and with this just a one nite stay, how much leaving/returning to the hotel do you expect to be doing? Chance are that you'll be leaving the hotel in the morning, be out in the city all day, then return at nite to go to bed at nite (maybe returnning once before dinner)

I'd look at the MTE, ESB, and CPS zones and see if you want to include these in your bidding as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Exactly, so just how 'central' do you need to be? With NYC being so compact, the zones are often separated by one side of the street (ie- one side of the street is ZoneA and the other side of the street is ZoneB) why not include the other zones (if you feel they'll be just as convenient for your plans, which i would think they would be) and go for the least expensive among the acceptable zones... rather than just focus on just 2 out of the 5? (NOTE: if you ultimatley need to lower your star rating to 3.5* there may be zones above that you don't wish to include, but at the 4* level i think all the known hotels in the zone above are 'safe' in terms of convenience)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* TS and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, CPS, and ESB...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB and re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB and re-bid zone5...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, CPS, TS, and ESB and re-bid zone4 and re-bid zone5...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $230

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained on how to determine your re-bid zones since they need to be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you previously checked. Feel free (strongly recommended) to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

If you read the above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained on how to determine your re-bid zones since they need to be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you previously checked. Feel free (strongly recommended) to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

If you read the above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

I ended up with the Benjamin at $270.

Thursday - I used the pricing in your post and could not find a hotel. Today I retried using 195, 220, 240, 255 inthe first 2 rounds of your strategy. In round 3 I tried 270 for the first bid and got the hotel.

thanks for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]