Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (Downtown) Radisson Warwick

n2ny
By n2ny,
in

First, thanks for all the incredibly helpful information here. This is a great service.

PRICELINE has a hotel up for University City for the dates I want. There are only two hotels in the area -- the Hilton Inn at Penn and the Sheraton University, and both are posting rates of over $200 for the dates. I'd be happy with either one. What would be a good strategy for getting the best price possible? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

First to clarify, i assume you're refering to the Philadelphia (University Area). Not sure if you know the area well OR if you're using the Priceline Hotel List to determine that these are the only two hotels in the area, but if using the hotel lists, keep in mind that the lists are only hotels reported to the board and there could be others.

If you'd like to bid, so that we don't suggest a strategy that went higher than you were willing to pay, what would be your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. I know the area well, and I know what would be a 3+ star. I'd like to pay no more than $85 (all included). Unless that is very unrealistic. My research on this Board tells me others are getting 3+ stars in downtown Philly for that amount or less, so that's what I'm basing it on. Is that reasonable?

I' not 100% certain if you're looking to bid for 3* or 3.5*, but i'll suggest a strategy for 3.5*, if that's not correct please post back and we'll revise accordingly.

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* University...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our links to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* University and re-bid zone3...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75 (if you get this far and want to bid the extra $5)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates change all the time, so it may be worthwhile to try again in a few days, but with rates at $200+ your bid is only about 1/3 of conventionally booked rates, which is possible, but the odds are low, imo. If unsuccessful at $75, what is your next step... is this an discretionary trip and you just won't go, lower your star rating, stay in a different zone, have friends you can stay with, etc?

Unfortunately, no leeway on dates because we are coming for Parents Weekend. I may try again and go a bit higher and then try downtown instead. I think the University City rates are inflated because of Parents Weekend, so I may have better luck downtown (though I'll get socked with high parking fees). Thanks again for your advice. I'll use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links and report back on the results.

OK. Using your PRICELINE link I just booked the Radisson Plaza Warwick in downtown Philly for $85/night. What was interesting is that they rejected $75 and told me (as a one-time offer) to increase it by $22. I declined, rebid, and got it for $85. I was thinking I should just wait it out and see if I could book something closer to when I was leaving, but this has been eating up so much time, and its Parents Weekend and a home football game, so I am sure the prices will stay high. I am very happy with this. Thanks so mcuh for all your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal and that you're happy with the results. With this being parents weekend i think you were smart to take this 'bird in hand' vs. hoping for lower rates down the road.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]