Possible way to get extra bids, within 24hr period - anyone else exper

slick_gd
By slick_gd,
in

So I am looking to book a hotel in Copenhagen for this Saturday and begin my bidding process. There is only one available zone in Copenhagen, with 2*, 3*, and 4* options.

My first bid was for a 3*, which got rejected (no surprise there). So I closed the browser, re-opened a new one and re-bid just on the 4* (this trick is a fairly well known way of squeezing another bid) and got rejected again. All things are normal so far, and I should be out of bids at this point.

But after the 4* rejection I added the 3* zone and was able to bid yet again! So in essence I bid:

3* (4* automatically included) - rejected

4* - rejected

4* & 3* - rejected

I expected to get 2 bids, but getting the third bid was a complete surprise to me since it is technically an exact copy of my first bid. Maybe there is something in the way PRICELINE classifies bids/re-bids where you can skirt around this. In PRICELINE's eyes it could have been:

3* - checked box

4* - checked box

3*/4* - checked boxes

All different, yet based on PRICELINE's rules the first and third should be identical and should not have been allowed.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Technically your second bid should have been rejected as well since the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, and PRICELINE searched for both 3* and 4* hotels on your 3 star bid... thus making your 4* only bid a duplicate as well.

There have been instances where users have been able to have a duplicate bid go thru, simply based upon some glitch in the system, but this is much more the exception than the rule and i wouldn't think that the above would be able to be replicated on a consistent basis and can't be relied upon as a strategy in the future.

If we begin to hear similar stories then perhaps it would be viable, but for the moment i'm guessing it's just a temporary glitch in the system.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]