MCO Orlando Fullsize Alamo

sdmomof3
By sdmomof3,
in

We are deciding whether or not to rent a car for our Disney/Orlando trip. Staying at a Disney property so can use the transportation system but might like the flexibility of a car if we can get one cheap enough, in the event we decide to go to Universal, Islands of Adventure, etc. Have never bid on cars before - HOTWIRE rates during this time period seem to be about $24 - $34 for compact or midsize. Don't really want to pay this much, especially since we truly don't need the car for the whole duration of the trip. Also, are there significant taxes/fees that are generally added to the base daily rental price? Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

You can find out what the fees are for the rental at the HOTWIRE site. It should be on the page 1st page that gives the price or maybe one step further.

Keep watching...daily. The rates seem to vary a lot. Put in bids to PRICELINE at rates you would be willing to pay. You bid on the daily rate.....but Priceline gives you the total price before you place the bid.

If you see HOTWIRE's price dropping a little....that may be a good time to bid.

Does Disney provide rides to and from the airport? 12 days seems like a long time to spend at Disney, but I'm sure some would disagree with that. Eating all meals at Disney would off set the cost of renting a car for me. Sea World and Universal studios are only some of the many things to do in Orlando. I enjoyed the outlet mall in Orlando. If you have a car, you could drive over to the beach to spend the day....gulf or Atlantic.

Well I've probably said too much.....try bidding though because you might get a really good deal.

Does Disney provide rides to and from the airport?
Disney does provide free "Magical Express" bus transportation to and from the airport which is a great deal. That's why I'm wondering if renting for just a few days from a place in Lake Buena Vista through Hotwire makes more sense. Priceline's "name your own price" only allows car rentals from the airport whereas Hotwire appears to let you rent near Disney.

There is more competition between car rental companies at the airport, so you may find cheaper rates there (enough to off-set renting the car additinal nites i'm not sure, given the length of your stay and not sure how many nites you are looking to rent a car)

Also, should you rent off-airport, keep in mind the transportation costs of getting to the off-airport rental location from your own hotel.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used PRICELINE link to begin bidding. Have been bidding on this for several days - didn't care so much what type of car but wanted to keep price low. Started out at $10 a few days back for compact and mid-size, raised it by $1 or so for each bigger car type. They rejected my initial offer today for a mid-size at $15 but accepted $15 for a compact. They then offered me an upgrade to either a mid or full size for only $2 more per day. Since this increased the total price I was paying by only $24 + approx. $2 in taxes, I decided to upgrade to the full size so my family would be more comfortable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]