Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

jber
By jber,
in

Hello

I'm new to the forum and never visited Chicago and hope I understand the process.

I see a 4* Mag Mile/Streeterville for $95 on Hotwire for above dates.

I think it could be Hotel Felix or Hyatt Regency - any thoughts?

Is Loop or Mag Mile better for typical tourist stuff?

Thanks

For the 4*, the Hotel Felix, Hyatt and Swissotel are all matches for previous reports of this amenity combination, but the Tripadvisor info suggests the Hyatt to be the most likely outcome.

The 3* matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Cass so that would be my best guess for that one (but hard to be too confident with just three, common, amenities)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd almost rather bid $95 for a 4* in the River North/NMA area on PRICELINE and take a chance there than take the potential Hyatt for $95; not that the Hyatt is a bad hotel, mind you (more of an average one), I personally I think there's a chance that a 4* in the RN-NMA area on PRICELINE for $95 will be accepted, and the great majority of the 4*'s in that area are quite nice.

So, while you could go for the Hyatt for $95 on HOTWIRE, I personally think it's worth considering "spinning the wheel" for $95 for a 4* in the River North-NMA area.

Let us know your thoughts and what you decide.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

I finalized our Chicago plans - thanks to great help here looking at posts and having questions answered.

Bid for NMA/Riv North up to $85, not accepted. Not surprised, just testing waters.

Then decided that we wanted to be more central to museums and parks, and saw from several postings that the Hyatt was coming in at $60 bids for our dates.

Our first bid (through BB PRICELINE link of course) was $60 and won Hyatt as expected (which was the likely candidate on Hotwire for $89)...more $ to spend on seeing the sights and dining. We're pleased, looking forward to a first-time visit to Chicago - our Halloween treat!

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Update to our trip: The Hyatt worked out great: it's like Chicago - big, crowded, full of energy, well-located, friendly, helpful, clean. Architecture and decor are not super, but our 26th floor room was quiet, good-sized and we had a sliver of a lakeview of the Planeterium in the distance. We were able to check in early (before noon) and had the option of king or two double beds, and an upgrade for $20 for a room with a better view (we declined). Thanks again for all of the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]