Priceline Hotel: 3* Ventura (Ventura-Oxnard) Marriott Ventura Beach

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

I may have paid too much, but didn't feel like fooling around. We'll be heading south late Saturday night and wanted a place to stay between Santa Barbara and Orange County just for a night.

I started from the PRICELINE link on the forum, and bid $65 for a 3* in Ventura - and got it. Oops. With taxes, fees and parking, it will be more like $90, but the going price through other channels started at $159, so I'm happy enough.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps more than you originally were planning on spending for this stay, this appears to be a GREAT deal for this nite and some very nice savings vs. a conventionally booked room.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd follow up briefly. The hotel list shows this as a 3-1/2 * level, it is now on Priceline as a 3*.

The hotel is lovely; beautiful lobby and the room was very nice. We checked in late, nearly 11 pm, and there were plenty of staff around, very pleasant and helpful. No comment about Priceline, other than needing a credit card to cover the parking charge ($10) and any incidentals.

We didn't use the facilities as this was just a quick stop-over, but I did sit on our tiny patio for a bit in the morning, which faced the spa and pool area. Towels had been placed on each lounge chair for guest use. A family came out to swim and was not happy with the insects in the pool, the father reported it to the desk and evidently they were going to send someone out to scoop the pool.

The location is great, just off the freeway and next to the state beach. I find parking charges annoying, but they are common in beach cities for 3*/4* properties. $10 isn't bad.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]