Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (White House-Downtown) Renaissance Mayflower

pmc22
By pmc22,
in

I've been trying for quite some time now to no avail. Originally started at $60 but now I've moved up to $100 at 3* level and still no luck. I really want to get the Convention Center-Capitol Hill Area but also could stay at the White House - Downtown area as well. I'm willing to go down to a lower class hotel area if need be. My priority is location and price. I really don't want to bid higher than $100 but would be willing to go up to $120 (3* level and above) if its required. Do I wait longer? Am i still bidding too far in advance? Thanks for any suggestions you might have!!!!

Rates are quite high for your dates... are you willing to try $120 at this piont in time? (at least at the 3.5* and/or 4 levels?)

Would you also consdier the Dupont Circle zone? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bids and searches.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah as much as I hate spending that much I'd be willing to go to $120. I have a meeting at 7am on the 21st at a place just south of the mall so I'd rather not stray too far from that area. Splitting my bid is an option but when I looked at Hotwire it seemed as if rates were pretty much the same for all three nights. Since I'm flying into DCA I guess in theory I could stay there the first night and third night and only stay downtown my second night.

*Edit*

Never mind about staying near DCA. I just looked and the prices are just as expensive as downtown!!!!

My thought process was that HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Dupont Circle zone for $119/nite for which my best guess is the Normany Hotel... and it's difficult to find anything else close to this price. If you research this property, perhaps it's a near a metro station that will take you to where you need to go with no/minimum tranfers and therefore work out well for your plans?

Or do you want to try for a 3* or higher in the Convention Center or Whitle zones? (for which i think your chances of success are low)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been trying forever to get a room for these dates. In past bids I went up to $110 on a 3* with no luck.

Started bidding today at $120 on a 4 * in the Convention Center-Capitol Hill area but price was not accepted. Added White House zone and foolishly upped my bid to $130 right off the bat. I should have added the WH zone and kept my bid the same. Doh! Oh well what's done is done. I probably couldn't have got it much lower anyways. As compared to hotwire it looks like I got a great deal for these dates but I sure don't feel like it!!!

Used PRICELINE link to start my bidding

Renaissance Mayflower Hotel

White House - Downtown

1127 Connecticut Avenue Northwest

Washington, District Of Columbia 20036

202-347-3000

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $130.00

Subtotal: $390.00

Taxes & Fees: $66.57

Total Charges*: $456.57

Congratulations on your success!

While it can be tough to consider a $130/nite hotel a "deal" when we've seen the same hotel won for less, rates are date specific and a deal is always relative to conventional rates for the same dates.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]