Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hyatt Regency

x-tina
By x-tina,
in

I started off (with your PRICELINE link) bidding $69/night for Friday and Saturday, it was rejected and nothing was even offered.

Is there a free zone for re-bidding or do I need to wait 24 hours? If so what do you all think should be my next bid?

How are the 3.5* in the areas? I would really like to stay under $200 for the two nights to have more money for Jersey Boys tickets!

Thanks.

At the moment rates are high for these dates and i don't think you're going to be successful in either of the Downtown zones at $100/nite or less for a 4* for these dates (perhaps not for a 3.5* or 3* either)

You can certainly try, and i would, but i would also start to consider if you intend to increase your budget or perhaps stay outside the city if that would work for your plans at all. Are you palns firm for these nites in Chicago?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Friday night bid in question was for Friday only, not Friday-Sunday, and the problem in this situation appears to be the Saturday night stay. The Friday night rates are quite reasonable, the Saturday night is definitely not (HOTWIRE has next-to-nothing for the Saturday night alone), which is an issue when trying to bid for both nights together. $70 might work for Friday alone if you bid for a 4* in the MP/Loop/Grant Park area, but it isn't going to be realistic for Friday and Saturday together - would you have any interest in splitting your bid?

Must be a convention on Saturday (the fact that the Loop 4*'s (and most of the 3*'s) are sold out for Saturday alone on Orbitz makes me think that there's a convention, given the Loop's proximity to McCormick Place convention center.)

Additionally, many of the NMA hotels are also a no-go on Saturday.

My suggestion would be to try and bid $70 for a 4* in the MP-Loop-Grant Park area for Friday night alone. Then, there's a 4* in the Mag Mile-Streeterville area for Saturday alone for $243 (amenities: Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business - possibly either the Sax or Felix.)

If you were able to get a 4* on Friday for $70 and the $243 HOTWIRE listing for Saturday, you'd have an average of $156.50.

If you do not want to switch hotels, there's a 4* for $199 in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business Center for both days. This would likely be the Sheraton, and personally, I'd far rather change hotels than spend $199 for the Sheraton (not a bad hotel as much as a mediocre one; I'd be upset if I had to pay $199 for it - I was disappointed with it having paid much less than that.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

First off, thank you for all the help. Your advice led me to these two great deals. I will follow up on my second bid in separate post but I figured I would show all the pieces of the puzzle in this thread.

I first tried $110 for 3.5* for both nights with no luck.

On the recommendation, I bid $67 for a 4* on the Friday night only (10/9). First bid was accepted for Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area and I won the Hyatt Regency Chicago (total was $84.76).

Since Saturday morning was the only committed time I needed to be downtown, I toyed with going home Sat evening (3 hour train ride) or other areas/activities I could stay/do. Reading the Tripadvisor reviews, I decided to target the 4* Hyatt Regency Mccormick Place. This way we could visit the Soldier Field, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and the Field Museum or use 3 transit options if we decide to go downtown on Sunday. Apparently, the hotel has an hourly shuttle to downtown, a cab ride is ~$15, or the #3 bus stops near the hotel. I will be sure to report back on how this worked out.

I began with a 4* bid Greater Chicago Area for $67 for Saturday night (10/10). Usually, I am bummed if my first bid is accepted when I have free re-bid zones, but I just can't believe I got it. Total was $84.76

Total for the 2 nights was $170. Thanks again, used the PRICELINE links!

Congratulations on your success(es)!

Looks like two GREAT deals given the high occupancy and Marathon taking place in town.

Glad to see you're happy with the results and to hear that the information on the board was helpful with your purchas.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]