Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID in Santa Fe

nidachti
By nidachti,
in

I plugged in two adults and a child for the Columbus Day weekend (Oct. 9-12) and was wondering about the hotels below.

Would you please help me identify them?

4* Plaza area (3 1/2 from Trip Adviser) for $239

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Spa Services

--------and--------

4 1/2* Foothills (4/12 from Trip Adviser) for $395

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire New York City and Hotwire St Pete Beach threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays... then bump this thread indicating if both of the above are within your budget and if you're willing to spend nearly $400/nite on a hotel for these dates (or even $225+)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire New York City and Hotwire St Pete Beach threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays... then bump this thread indicating if both of the above are within your budget and if you're willing to spend nearly $400/nite on a hotel for these dates (or even $225+)

I provided the information that you requested about my trips to NYC and Florida. In the future I will make a point of following through even if I don't book with HOTWIRE. And, as always, I will access HOTWIRE by clicking the link on this site. As far as price go, I have no issue whatsoever with paying upwards of $200.00 on lodging. I like quality and will pay for it (reluctantly) if I have to.

The Inn and Spa at Loretto has previously been reported with the amenities above, but also a Laundry icon. I'm going to speculate that the Laundry icon has ben removed as a previous poster had this to say on the subject:

I don't know why "Laundry Facilities" is listed as an amenity. Very few, if any, hotels of the Loretto's caliber will have a guest laundry facility, and the Loretto did not have on either (as I suspected). They do offer a laundry service (I think done off-site), but who knows how much that would cost, so I found a laundromat not too far away and did my laundry myself.

This would be my best guess for the 4*.

The 4.5* property has not yet been reported to the board or identified.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have not yet booked my trip and notice that a 3 1/2 star property is now coming up in the Plaza Area for my dates(Oct 9 - Oct 12). The price is $119.00 whether I put in 2 or 3.

It shows the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

3/12 trip advisor rating

I'm thinking it's either the Hilton Historic Plaza or the Bishop's Lodge Resort & Spa. What do you think?

I have two questions that I hoped you might help me with.

1. I am traveling over the Columbus day weekend with my son, so there will be two adults and a child.

While hotwire allows customers to specify the number of beds (2 for 3 people), Priceline does not.

Do you think it would be safe in Santa Fe to use Priceline on the assumption that I can either

requst two beds or pay a small sum for a roll-away? I know that such an assumption would be

crazy in a place like NYC, but I'm wondering whether Santa Fe might have larger rooms and

therefore be a reasonable place to take the risk.

2. I notice that priceline changes what it says is the best deal. Last week it said that the four star was

best, over the weekend the 3 1/2 and today the 3. If I want a four star, should I wait and bid when

they four star properties are said to be the best deal or doesn't it matter?

I wouldn't necessarily go on what PRICELINE says is the best deal in terms of star rating. Additionally, while there is less risk of getting only 1 bed in Santa Fe than in NYC, there is still definitely a risk.

If you would like assistance with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, please let us know exact dates and budget. Thanks. :)

Using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links is greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't necessarily go on what PRICELINE says is the best deal in terms of star rating. Additionally, while there is less risk of getting only 1 bed in Santa Fe than in NYC, there is still definitely a risk.

If you would like assistance with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, please let us know exact dates and budget. Thanks. :)

Using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the offer. I am looking for a 4 star hotel for the Columbus Day weekend (Oct. 9 - Oct 12). I would like to be near the plaza. We are three people. Two adults and a child. It is my hope to spend under $200.00 a night for something very nice and in a good neighborhood. I've been watching the thing for a couple of weeks and I haven't seen much change in the pricing though I've spoken to a number of hotels directly and there is pretty good availability. I'd appreciate hearing your suggestions. I have used Hotwire quite a few times but only used Priceline once because of the inherent issues of the third person in the room.

Naturally, I will link to PRICELINE and HOTWIRE through your site when I place my bid.

With a little time on your side i would try a few lowball bids to begin:

At the 4* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Plaza...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Plaza and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

If you're concerned about having space for more than double occupancy, than searching hot.wore for the correct occupancy level, is a better option.

However, is this the Bishops Lodge that you're referring to? If so, it is currently rated 3* by PRICELINE so wouldn't be an option when bidding the 4* level.

If you're concerned about having space for more than double occupancy, than searching hot.wore for the correct occupancy level, is a better option.

However, is this the Bishops Lodge that you're referring to? If so, it is currently rated 3* by PRICELINE so wouldn't be an option when bidding the 4* level.

You are absolutely right. I just checked the packages and Bishop's Lodge is listed as three star. Unfortunately, the Hilton is now been upped to 4. Hmmm.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]