Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (Downtown) Hyatt Place Airport North

geoherb
By geoherb,
in

My $70 bid for a 3* hotel in the downtown Fort Lauderdale zone was accepted by the Hyatt Place Airport North.

My bidding strategy started a few days ago. I originally was aiming for a 4* hotel, but we are only going to be staying one night before a cruise--and when bidding $100 did not get me a room, I decided to rethink my strategy.

I started bidding at $47 and rebid $52 by adding the Airport North zone, which is the only free rebid area for 3* hotels. (I managed to get a lot of free rebids when aiming for a 4* hotel: Coral Springs, Airport, Lauderdale North, Miramar, and Pompano.) The following day, I tried again, upping my bids to $55 and $59. I started today at $63 and received a message that if I increased my bid by $17, it would be accepted. I decided to try just $70.

HOTWIRE is offering this hotel at $89 for the same date before taxes and fees. With taxes and fees, the PRICELINE total on my $70 bid ends up at $85.92.

Thanks to Better Bidding for offering this forum. I almost messed up and went through the email link on my successful bid. But then I remembered and came back through this website's PRICELINE link to increase my bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]