Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Westin Copley Plaza

Timothy Denike
By Timothy Denike,
in

Hi there,

I'm planning on a trip Oct 8-11 in downtown Boston, and trying to think out my best strategy for a top-notch 4* hotel. In the past, all my Downtown bids resulted in the Hyatt Regency Downtown. All my bids in Copley Square usually resulted in the Colonnade or Marriott Copley Square. These are nice hotels, but I was hoping for something a little different.

It looks like the Hyatt Downtown has vacancy that weekend, so I'll probably avoid downtown, since I want something new.

Since nobody seems to have won the Colonnade or Mariott lately, I'm wondering if they're out of the game? Are they no longer rated 4*? It seems like it's down to just the Back Bay hotel or the Fairmont, both of which look great, and probably worth the extra money? Do these seem like likely winners?

Thanks,

Tim

With PRICELINE it's not possible to target, or avoid, a particular hotel... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in a given zone at the minimum star level you select. We see hotels disappear and not be won for awhile, then all of sudden come up frequently... so the fact that a given property hasn't been reported to the board in awhile shouldn't be used as a basis to believe they no longer participate with PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE)

If you're trying to target, or avoid, a specific property HOTWIRE can be a better option as you may be able to take an educated guess as to what you will likely receive beforehand based upon the amenity combination associated with the property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Not necessarily trying to avoid any specific properties - just wanted to try a 4*+ hotel that I hadn't been to before.

There do seem to be some HOTWIRE options that look good.

Do these guesses sound correct? (Nov 12-16)

4.5* Financial District - $143/night (This is probably the Langham Hotel, or Nine Zero? Nice!)

4* Copley Square - $143/night (This is probably one of the same hotels I'd get on Priceline for less.)

4* Financial - $129/night (This is probably the Onyx Hotel? Also Nice!)

(I suppose this should move to the Hotwire forum....)

If you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move the thread to that section of the board at that time.

For help/confirmation of the above hotels please include the amenities shown to be associated with each.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sure!

4.5* Financial District - $143/night (Guessing the Langham Hotel, or Nine Zero?)

Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet

4* Copley Square - $139/night (This is probably one of the same hotels I'd get on Priceline for less.)

4* Financial - $133/night (Guessing the Onyx Hotel?)

Boutique, Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet

See my comments following each listing:

4.5* Financial District - $143/night (Guessing the Langham Hotel, or Nine Zero?)

agree

4* Copley Square - $139/night (This is probably one of the same hotels I'd get on Priceline for less.)

if i were to take a guess, possibly the Lenox, but as you can tell i'm not too confident in this guess

4* Financial - $133/night (Guessing the Onyx Hotel?)

Boutique, Smoke Free, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet

Agree with the Onyx... but if looking for a "but what if it's not" scenario then i'd put my second guess at the Liberty Hotel being downgraded, but no evidence of this and the Onyx is my best guess as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]