Hotwire Hotel: Hotels/resorts in the walt disney area?

happytobehere
By happytobehere,
in

HI, I'm trying to look for a good hotel for my family and some friends. I'm looking for a hotel that is close to both universal studios and walt disney. I plant on booking a hotel through HOTWIRE but have no idea where to begin and how to know exactly what hotel I'm paying for. If you have any suggestions please help me out. Also my scheduled trip will on Oct 3 and Oct 4th.

Thank you in advance

I would focus on the Universal-I Drive North Zone, the SeaWorld-I Drive South Zone and the Dowtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista Zone. The driving time between Universal Area and the Downtown Disney Area is about 20 minutes, but can vary depending on traffic. There are many hotels in all of these zones, and you should have a lot of choices on HOTWIRE between these three zones. If you are in any of these three zones you will not be far from Disney or Universal. I would check the HOTWIRE hotel list on this site to get an idea as to what star rating of a hotel you would be interested. I normally go up a 1/2 star rating from a star rating I am comfortable, since you may get the hotel you consider the worst in that star rating. Some hotels are easier to identify than others by comparing the amenity icons to the Hotwire hotel list on this site- some do not seem to match at all, others are easier to match because they may have an amenity icon(s) that is more unique. Also HOTWIRE will list a hotel as either a "hotel" or a "condo". The condos are not necessarily condos, but may be a hotel chain which has rooms set up in a condo style - separate bedroom and kitchenette.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Once you decide upon the zone(s) you're willing to accept, go to HOTWIRE and do a search for your dates (include the correct number of rooms, adults, children since this can often effect the offerings)... is there anything that appears within your desired star rating, zone, and budget?

Do the zone, amenities, star rating match anything in the Hotwire Hotel List? We can then try to confirm it for you to see if we agree with your assessment or if not in the hotel list we can try to take a guess as to what you may be seeing.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it. As of right now I'm looking for a hotel that has a 3 or 3 1/2 star rating. It so happens that our original plan has changed up a bit and I'll have to book a total of 3 rooms for 1 night and like I've said before it'll be for the dates: october 3 and 4. I'm not really looking to check into a fancy hotel or anything of this sort but I'm just trying to make sure I give my family and friends a great overall experience.

These are the hotels I've been looking into: ( please give me some insight as of how someone could possibly cipher what hotel you're actually bidding on?)

Hotel-stay description: 1 night 3 rooms checking in saturday and leaving sunday morning.

Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney (3 star rating)

amenities include:

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

total price::$183.31

Is this price too steep?

2nd option:

SeaWorld - I-drive South Area (3 star rating)

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

price $171.79

3rd option: Disney Main Gate - Celebration Area (3 and half star hotel)

amenitites:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Tennis Nearby

price :$171.19

It his a one nite stay (10/3-10/4) or a two nite stay (10/3-10/5)

For the above to appear, are you selecting 3 rooms? How many adults/children are you including on the search?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It his a one nite stay (10/3-10/4) or a two nite stay (10/3-10/5)

For the above to appear, are you selecting 3 rooms? How many adults/children are you including on the search?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Yes it is three rooms, 8 adults and 3 children and we'll be staying for one night; check-in oct3rd and check-out oct. 4th

Thank you for your time

The 3.5* matches the Radisson Celebration so that would be my best guess for that one.

The 3* LBV property matches previous reports for both the Sheraton Safari and the Orlando Vista, but i'm not seeing this property on my current HOTWIRE search with your parameters above, so can't confirm or take a guess if one is more likely than the other.

The 3* I-Drive South property matches both the Holiday Inn Orlando Convention Center (8214 Universal Boulevard)

and the Homewood Suites I-Drive, so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Radisson seems like your best deal - if you are still going to Universal it is a little further to Universal than the others, but close to Disney. Sheraton Safari is very close to the entrance of Downtown Disney, and has good access to Universal. It is located by a very busy (traffic-wise) intersection. I have heard mostly good reviews about the Sheraton Safari. The other possibilities for your Hotwire inquiries I do not know much about. You may also want to check the hotel websites to see if there are any resort or parking fees. These are not included in your Hotwire purchase price, but sometimes the Hotwire listing, in bottom right hand corner of the page, will indicate if there is a resort fee. These are very common in the Disney area, especially hotels 3-1/2* stars or higher, but sometime also for 3* or lower. They usually range between $ 10 and $ 20 a night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]